Jump to content

Emile Smith Rowe


Nigel
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Delphouneso said:

I can't see us actually signing him but it's a great bit of marketing by the club. 

We're definitely ruffling feathers and making a name for ourselves. People are taking notice and so are players looking at Buendia. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I feel like we've been quite rude here.  Just waltzed in and slapped a £25m bid on the table? Not even weighed it up or prepared it? Didn't give Arsenal fair warning to brace themselves? 

Frankly I thought NSWE had more class than this. 

But we don’t that happened that way, it would be unlike us so for me there is more to this than what we know.  I doubt we’ll get him but I wouldn’t put it past Arsenal doing PR smoke and mirrors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, nick76 said:

But we don’t that happened that way, it would be unlike us so for me there is more to this than what we know.  I doubt we’ll get him but I wouldn’t put it past Arsenal doing PR smoke and mirrors.

over your head GIF by ABC Network

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Stats are stats otherwise Spain would be winning 6-0 the other night with likes of Olmo, Pedri and all your other stat friendly players.😉

It's those little things you notice with players coming through, that extra air of quality. Little feint or acceleration to get away from the defence. Smith Rowe has it as does Foden. And Grealish of course.

Stats schmatts 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure why some seem to think the £25m is ridiculous, I wouldn't expect Arsenal to accept it, but I think it's more than a reasonable offer for a player that has two years left on his contract and has only played twenty premier league games.

Plus he turns 21 next month, so it's not as if he's a 17 or 18 year old where you're also paying for potential.

Look at some of the other players in the England U21 team and £25m is probably about what you'd expect to pay for the better ones, exceptions being Callum Hudson-Odoi and Mason Greenwood, but they've done a lot more than Smith Rowe.

Arsenal owe 154m in delayed transfer fees, more than any other PL club. Their fans just have to accept they're a selling club that need to balance the books

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Arsenal owe 154m in delayed transfer fees, more than any other PL club. Their fans just have to accept they're a selling club that need to balance the books

I doubt (m)any know that’s true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

So I guess one of a couple of routes here. Either: He's turned around to Arsenal and told them he won't be signing a contract and his agent has then let clubs know, so we've weighted up the value of that and popped in a bid which in my opinion undervalues him, even with two years left, but is perhaps tempting if he's absolute in his desire not to sign a new deal. Or, his agent wants a lot more money out of Arsenal for his player than he's being offered and he's cut a deal with us where he's faked the above, encouraged us to make a bid we don't have to follow up on and will use that to squeeze what he wants from Arsenal. Why would we do that? Perhaps to make an agent happy because he has another player we like. So who represents him and who else is on his books?

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So I guess one of a couple of routes here. Either: He's turned around to Arsenal and told them he won't be signing a contract and his agent has then let clubs know, so we've weighted up the value of that and popped in a bid which in my opinion undervalues him, even with two years left, but is perhaps tempting if he's absolute in his desire not to sign a new deal. Or, his agent wants a lot more money out of Arsenal for his player than he's being offered and he's cut a deal with us where he's faked the above, encouraged us to make a bid we don't have to follow up on and will use that to squeeze what he wants from Arsenal. Why would we do that? Perhaps to make an agent happy because he has another player we like. So who represents him and who else is on his books?

 

 

The Office Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

We definitely play the media these days.

My theory is our target is picked. We lodge a bid, gets rejected, we go to the press of another target, put back an offer. BOOM, DONE DEAL. 

We did it with Buendia and McNeil. 

Watkins and Wilson 

Traore and Rashica? 

Martinez and Romero.

Pretty sure Romero was just Emi. One of his names is Romero. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So I guess one of a couple of routes here. Either: He's turned around to Arsenal and told them he won't be signing a contract and his agent has then let clubs know, so we've weighted up the value of that and popped in a bid which in my opinion undervalues him, even with two years left, but is perhaps tempting if he's absolute in his desire not to sign a new deal. Or, his agent wants a lot more money out of Arsenal for his player than he's being offered and he's cut a deal with us where he's faked the above, encouraged us to make a bid we don't have to follow up on and will use that to squeeze what he wants from Arsenal. Why would we do that? Perhaps to make an agent happy because he has another player we like. So who represents him and who else is on his books?

 

 

Agent is Jordan Wise. Don’t think we’d be after any of his other players

 

 

43AF482E-24BB-4D10-8A78-DBE20DF199E0.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

What a skinny, gormless, nauseating little gobshite.

And there is a guy who will never know the sweet embrace of a female. What an absolute shower of a human.

Also he knows nothing about football. Clearly needs to research players positions before posting the scrawny little spaz.

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â