England v Austria/England v Romania

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've no idea.  Should have got at lest 3 or 4 (though @KAZZAM seems to disagree).

I would love to say we could have scored a few more as well but unfortunately we offered very little. 

I looked at our squad earlier and thought we had a real good chance of winning the Euros but today has brought be back down to earth. With Southgate it will be the usual scrape through against the poor teams and get beat by the first proper team we play. 

Austria had 2 shots on goal in what world are you in that you think they should've scored 3 or 4.

Mings held our defence together tonight. 
We looked very shaky at the back once he went off and Coady was all over the shop positionally. 

Mings should start alongside Stones against Croatia. Won’t happen mind, Kyle Walker will get the nod.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

The fact she thinks they are identical players shows she doesn’t watch a lot of football 

Foden is the closest you can get to Jack right now in football. It's amazing that Southgate has 2 of them but will likely only use 1 at a time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Never liked that Aluko, come from Villa and as good as saying need Foden in ahead of Grealish!!!!

She was making a right mess of what she was trying to say, then the host cut her off and changed the subject.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

The fact she thinks they are identical players shows she doesn’t watch a lot of football 

She’s got the football knowledge of Jonny Wilkinson. Grealish and Foden in the same team is the formula (with Mount), but that means dropping the sainted Sterling and Rashford. The waistcoat is gonna f*ck Jack over, he couldn’t even drop a right back. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Criminal to think Mings is there instead of Ezri tbh.

Mings has a mistake in him, but he’s still better than every other CB option in the England team. Him and Ezri is the obvious choice for England if Maquire is out. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Austria had 2 shots on goal in what world are you in that you think they should've scored 3 or 4.

I don't know who counted shots but I'm going from excellent scoring chances you would normally expect a team to score from. 

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Foden has had a smashing end to the season while Jack's been injured. She didn't say he should be ahead of him, just that they're too similar.

The only one who said Jack shouldn't be in there was Wrighty.

She said Mount and Foden should start, as Foden is too similar Grealish, which is wrong for a start.

1 minute ago, Awol said:

She’s got the football knowledge of Jonny Wilkinson. Grealish and Foden in the same team is the formula (with Mount), but that means dropping the sainted Sterling and Rashford. The waistcoat is gonna f*ck Jack over, he couldn’t even drop a right back. 

I dunno , I get the impression that Southgate is a full member of the Jack fan  club now .

I think he’ll play a fairly decent part in the championship … go  back a few months when Southgate thought DCL was a better option at left wing than Jack and I thought he would be one cap and out  

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Mings has a mistake in him, but he’s still better than every other CB option in the England team. Him and Ezri is the obvious choice for England if Maquire is out. 

Thing is Mings puts himself out there to make mistakes … arguably McGuire is the same , he’s always got a **** up in him every week … but he also puts himself out there … 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Like this kind of stuff:

Just... WHY? 

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

She was making a right mess of what she was trying to say, then the host cut her off and changed the subject.

I don't think so.  She said Foden and Mount have to start and in Grealish you have a player too similar to Foden. 

She's a bitter sacked ex Villa employee out to cause trouble. 

Didn't she come out with some controversial comments before? 

Â