England v Austria/England v Romania

andykeenan

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes Kane doesnt score many headed goals we have runners like Rashford and Sterling. DCL scored 16 Premier League goals in a pretty defensive minded Everton team so deserves his place in the squad. 

I think he deserves his place but he's still out of form and largely there because there's no one better 

Years gone by he wouldn't be there but we don't actually have much depth 

He looks like he has no confidence, not buzzing his tits off excited at his first tournament, he should be like a kid on Xmas eve 

Fortunately I don't think he'll play 

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Fair play to Keane saying Calvert Lewin should have fought his corner and told Henderson to do one.

When I heard that I imagined how he would have reacted as Captain if a other player had questioned him. Would probably have ended in police action. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

JWP has to get TAAs spot. His dead ball delivery is so good, and we are only going to get goals from set pieces

Fixed that for you. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When I heard that I imagined how he would have reacted as Captain if a other player had questioned him. Would probably have ended in police action. 

Was a story that when Forlan was struggling to score at United they were beating somebody 4 or 5 nil and they won a penalty. The players gave it to Forlan and Keane stormed over and took the ball off him to give to another player 😂😂

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I thought Mings was awful myself. 

We all see different things through different eyes, apart from a couple of blips he was the best of our defence today, Shaw not far off and the other 2 shouldn't be anywhere near England just yet. Just an opinion of course and we did keep a clean sheet, so can't have been too bad.

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

The bottom line is that it should stop when the players want to stop doing it. If they think that's the start of next season, fine. If that's never - also fine. 

But I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb that for the likes of Mings and Rashford, "we should stop our anti-racism gesture because the racists don't like it" is likely to be where their thinking is on the matter. 

I'd also guess that it's unlikely that the FA or the Premier League will tell them they have to stop because they are upsetting racist people. That's press that they probably don't want to inconvenience themselves with. 

So ultimately - yes. Carry on and listen to the boos. And nod with satisfaction when the first boo-er is thrown down the steps of the Holte. And again when the second one is. 

Pretty sure it will be dropped before next season starts. There will be some intitative to replace it.

Like I say - it's counter productive - people are now openly booing an anti racism initiative. 

• Like 1

Based on tonight Rashford is poor, he just seems to run fast. His control of the ball at times was very bad.

Sam Johnstone made two great saves.

Ward-Prowse was very good and so too Bellingham again.

Grealish was brilliant again, really has to be starting games as he frightens opponents. Lee Dixon said as soon as he gets the ball the defenders just took a step back allowing him space. He looks like he is finding form after an average performance against Austria (yet still the best player on the pitch) he was more his self against Romania.

If England can somehow get Grealish, Kane, Foden and Mount all in the first eleven we could be in for some good games. Who cares what happens in defence, we could just outscore the opposition!

Suspicious John Rambo GIF

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

3 Villa players on the pitch for England 

when was the last time that happened ?

maybe Milner , Barry and Young ? 

Downing, Young, Bent I remember in 2011. Young and Downing were soon to be ex-Villa players though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SuperTed said:

This guy man 

D0EF5863-FF10-4D87-96A6-F94EF8F207F9.jpeg

I usually hate his fashion sense, but I love the watch...  Rolex Day-Date Presidential.  Not over the top or flashy.

• Like 1

Â