England v Austria/England v Romania

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What do you have against him? He's a very good striker who's had a very good season.

If he was a Villa player and Smith was picking him, your view would change.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Nope I don’t think so. I think he goes with a team and formation he knows against a fairly decent team.

Dont agree with Grealish not playing but just think it will be the case. 

Southgate just hasn't got the bottle to set up to play them off the park, scared to lose, scared of it affecting his glorious record.

I think the first game will be:

Pickford

Walker Stones Mings Chilwell

Rice Phillips

Foden Mount Sterling

Kane

Grealish and Sancho should be in instead of Phillips and Sterling. Interesting Grealish keeps playing at 10 and not off the left which in my opinion is his most dangerous position. Henderson cannot start if he cannot get minutes in during these two friendlies. 

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I personally think DCL is a limited striker, yet what he can do he’s pretty good at. 

He can certainly attack a ball aerially and gets into goal scoring positions regularly however, he doesn’t have the closing down or channel running energy of Watkins. 

He’s a younger Andy Carroll (probably a disservice to DCL in fairness!) 

I think hes massively different to Kane in movement and dropping deep. He’s not a like for a like replacement but we treat him as such.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Southgate just hasn't got the bottle to set up to play them off the park, scared to lose, scared of it affecting his glorious record.

Agreed, Modric and Rakitic would be scared shitless with Mount, Bellingham, Foden and Mount running at them.

But we won’t. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicho said:

None of this 11 will start the first game 

Agreed.

definitely has the feel of his second XI, which does not auger well for Jack starting in the Euros.

They seem to think it is a choice of two from three between Foden, Mount and Grealish. I am sure players of this caliber will work it out and give the opposition the problem rather than taking the safe option.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I get the impression Roy Keane hates England and being a pundit on England games, but it’s where the work is. 

He's a winner mate, an in reality hates the way Southgate sets up the best attacking talent we have had in decades. He cannot disrespect him, due to the media being silenced in being negative on Southgate.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I get the impression Roy Keane hates England and being a pundit on England games, but it’s what gets him the work

FTFY

it's his thing, hates everyone, it seems the media can get social media traffic by either being stupid or by being miserable pricks 

And Roy Keane ain't stupid... 

VS Croatia will be

Kane

Sterling Mount Rashford

Henderson Rice 

Chilwell Mings Stones Walker

Pickford 

And we will draw at best.

Hate saying this as I'm a glass half full type, but it's this manager, hope hope hope he proves me wrong.

21 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Agreed, Modric and Rakitic would be scared shitless with Mount, Bellingham, Foden and Mount running at them.

But we won’t. 

I think Rakitic will be more scared considering he will be on his sofa 😛

Didn't take long for the generic " He's a top top player and it will be difficult for Villa to keep hold of him, can't see him staying at Villa " - Jason McAteer - BEIN Sports 

Do these lot have a generic hymn sheet of must say throwaway lines?! Ffs

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't take long for the generic " He's a top top player and it will be difficult for Villa to keep hold of him, can't see him staying at Villa " - Jason McAteer - BEIN Sports 

Do these lot have a generic hymn sheet of must say throwaway lines?! Ffs

Villa only stayed up because the goalline technology wasnt working 😉

I wonder how long they can get from that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Villa only stayed up because the goalline technology wasnt working 😉

I wonder how long they can get from that 

" Wouldn't have won the League of it wasn't for the failure of Goal Line technology, and Jack Grealish would not have won the Balon D or " - 2025

Â