England v Austria/England v Romania

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is Pickford actually good with his feet or is he just better than the rest? His kicking always looks awful for Everton. Johnstone is no upgrade

He's better than average, I would say. Certainly he was good at that aspect of his game last night, for instance. I agree with you about Johnstone, the bottom line is we really have little choice beyond Pickford really.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gabby has called Henderson selfish and egotistical for taking a place when injured 😂

Gabbys not wrong... But at the same time the way he's said it and then the inability to go in to real detail means that he's created a headline that no one will do anything other than shoot down, he's not kicked a ball since February and he's an important player for England but he's not a world beater no matter how many Liverpool fans chirp up 

And he should have said maguire too

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Gabbys not wrong... But at the same time the way he's said it and then the inability to go in to real detail means that he's created a headline that no one will do anything other than shoot down, he's not kicked a ball since February and he's an important player for England but he's not a world beater no matter how many Liverpool fans chirp up 

And he should have said maguire too

Nonsense. Manager should be strong enough to not take them.

Yeah mate I don't fancy going for my last tournament maybe. Leave me out bab..

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Nonsense. Manager should be strong enough to not take them.

Yeah mate I don't fancy going for my last tournament maybe. Leave me out bab..

Yeah I meant he's not wrong about he shouldn't be there!! 

7 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Surely Pope/Henderson/the fat pie eating none league keeper is a safer choice? 

I turned 'em down, got too much on this year already.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I wonder who's first up to replace TAA? You could make an argument for Lingard, Watkins and Ward-Prowse.

You could make an argument that with the abundance of Right Backs, any of those players could stake a claim or some other names to bolster positions where England are thin on the ground.

So get ready to see Aaron Wan-Bissaka joining up 

troll trolling GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Not looking forward to watching DCL look out of his depth with Jack, Sancho and Rashford providing the ammunition. 

Hope Watkins gets on to stake a claim for that final spot. 

What do you have against him? He's a very good striker who's had a very good season.

Just now, villalad21 said:

What do you have against him? He's a very good striker who's had a very good season.

I don’t think his overall game is good enough. He had a good half a season, the second half he has been poor. 

His first touch and bringing others into play isn’t good enough, and I don’t believe his finishing or decision making is strong.

Doesn’t strike me as a natural forward. 

He’s good in the air, but he needs more than that to be a threat at international level. 

• Like 1

I personally think DCL is a limited striker, yet what he can do he’s pretty good at. 

He can certainly attack a ball aerially and gets into goal scoring positions regularly however, he doesn’t have the closing down or channel running energy of Watkins. 

He’s a younger Andy Carroll (probably a disservice to DCL in fairness!) 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Not even Jack? 

Nope I don’t think so. I think he goes with a team and formation he knows against a fairly decent team.

Dont agree with Grealish not playing but just think it will be the case. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicho said:

Nope I don’t think so. I think he goes with a team and formation he knows against a fairly decent team.

Dont agree with Grealish not playing but just think it will be the case. 

Would be exactly what I expect from Southgate. Hope he proves me wrong, but the lineup today does not suggest that he will.

Â