England v Austria/England v Romania

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Shame for Trent, he knows that puts him out of the tournament. Never nice to see.

Yeah, his face was reminiscent of Tony Xia when we lost the play off final. 

Decided to watch some of the game, what with the Villa/BMG players on the pitch, think that's the first of any England game I've watched in about 6 years.

Know it's a friendly and all... but it is heart warming to see England are still shite.

• Haha 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

An unfit ageing Heaton is better then this donut, God knows how we didn't concede. Maybe our lucks in.

How the hell did he become England's undisputed, undroppable #1? 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Watkins runs the length of the pitch .. passes to CL and then that’s the end of that attack … should have had a shot

does make me wonder though , every other player out there seems content to hold the ball too long , go for glory , make wrong decisions… is the fact Jack and Ollie look to give and go and bring in other players , all down to the way Smith is coaching them ? Bodes well for Villa if so 

That's Southgate ball. Hold the ball up on the edge of the D and try to get it back to the halfway line in 3 passes or less 

We’re going to need to score a lot of goals ‘cos clean sheets are not on the agenda against decent teams. Criminal to think Stones is there instead of Ezri. 

Not 100% sure that Grealish and Kane will work that well, unless Kane pushes himself further up the pitch. Most games he plays Jack looks the best player on the pitch today was no exception.

Decent workout as usual with the subs the game descends into a glorified kick-about,

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Watkins runs the length of the pitch .. passes to CL and then that’s the end of that attack … should have had a shot

does make me wonder though , every other player out there seems content to hold the ball too long , go for glory , make wrong decisions… is the fact Jack and Ollie look to give and go and bring in other players , all down to the way Smith is coaching them ? Bodes well for Villa if so 

Course it is, 'be a good team mate'.

1 minute ago, Awol said:

We’re going to need to score a lot of goals ‘cos clean sheets are not on the agenda against decent teams. Criminal to think Stones is there instead of Ezri. 

I wonder if you were to put together a back 4 of the least goals conceded this season, you'd likely end up with the Villa back 4.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Criminal to think Mings is there instead of Ezri tbh.

Just now, The_Steve said:

How did Austria not score?

I've no idea.  Should have got at lest 3 or 4 (though @KAZZAM seems to disagree).

I would love to say we could have scored a few more as well but unfortunately we offered very little. 

I looked at our squad earlier and thought we had a real good chance of winning the Euros but today has brought be back down to earth. With Southgate it will be the usual scrape through against the poor teams and get beat by the first proper team we play. 

Â