England v Austria/England v Romania

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think so.  She said Foden and Mount have to start and in Grealish you have a player too similar to Foden. 

She's a bitter sacked ex Villa employee out to cause trouble. 

Didn't she come out with some controversial comments before? 

I’m not sure why Mount or Foden HAVE to start. It’s not like either are Ronaldo/Mbappe/Lewandowski

She was making a mess of trying to justify leaving Jack out when he’s clearly the star of the team.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The fact she thinks they are identical players shows she doesn’t watch a lot of football 

The only other players who can dribble the ball like Jack and play the passes he can happens to be the greatest ever player (Messi) and the best Brazilian (Neymar). 

Foden can't do either half as well as Jack and people are coming all over him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

She wasn't sacked, and she really has no reason to be bitter. She's not only allowed to give an opinion, it's literally what she's there to do.

Kind of don't love how this thread has turned into just slagging her off to be honest.

I was only joking to be honest.  Deliberate overreaction to her saying Foden should start over Grealish. 😜

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I dunno , I get the impression that Southgate is a full member of the Jack fan  club now .

I think he’ll play a fairly decent part in the championship … go  back a few months when Southgate thought DCL was a better option at left wing than Jack and I thought he would be one cap and out  

Because the cocknose is all about saving face. He realises Jack is his ticket to stay in the job. Without him we have to rely on set pieces to get anywhere and a fair amount of luck. With him we can boss games.

That being said he shouldn't be close to the national team. Such incompetence by the FA. 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

She wasn't sacked, and she really has no reason to be bitter. She's not only allowed to give an opinion, it's literally what she's there to do.

Kind of don't love how this thread has turned into just slagging her off to be honest.

This thread is for people to give their opinion 😉 

Overall, I thought we were poor. Jack grew into it, but started slowly; once he'd got his foot on the ball he started to run the show. Kane dropped too deep too often, and needs to be told not to. Bellingham was all over the place in a good way, but also occasionally in a bad way. I thought we were poor at the back; Mings did a reasonable 'last ditch' job but was lucky with the off-the-ball block that @bobzy posted. Coady was crap and he and Godfrey looked like a frankly alarming combination. I thought Trent had good set piece delivery but also a couple of times he fell asleep that would be punished against a top team. I don't like Trippier at left back, maybe it's fine for club games but I don't think you want him there for England.

• Like 2

Kane needs to stay as a centre forward, rather than dropping deep and trying to get assists. Play Foden, Jack and an other behind him, with Mount coming from midfield. Kane would then get more chances and score more

• Like 1

Southgate just said on talkshite Henderson said he wasn't right to play the game and was sent for a scan

England picking unfit injured player for a major tournament shocker

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure why Mount or Foden HAVE to start. It’s not like either are Ronaldo/Mbappe/Lewandowski

She was making a mess of trying to justify leaving Jack out when he’s clearly the star of the team.

I think Foden and Mount have to start tbh

Mount in CM and foden as the right winger 

Neither in a postion that grealish plays... 

Play the 3 and we have a serious chance

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Any other manager in history would start Grealish, Foden and Mount.  They would find a way, build the team around them. 

It shouldn't even be a question of which ones start. 

I'm reading this doing a mid 90s ibiza spot the fly dance 

This this and this 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I really hope someone is telling Kane to stay upfront but I strongly suspect they are not, or he’s not listening. 

To play devil's advocate, he's just had one of the most productive seasons of his career dropping deeper. If that's what his game now is, you can't tell him to scrap all that and just hang around the penalty spot and wait.

There's absolutely a team and a formation which works with him dropping off like he does for Spurs. Tonight wasn't it obviously, but if you want your striker to be the lump that you ping balls into, just play Calvert-Lewin instead. 

9 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Also said maguire may not be fit until after the group stages

**** me

Could understand still taking Maguire if he was the next Terry or something but I don't even rate him that much. Barely better than Mings tbh.

• Like 3

Â