Play Off Finals Championship League 1 & League 2

andykeenan

How was that first one not a penalty. The second one was a little bit less clear cut, but that first one, with VAR was unbelievable. How will they explain it?

Both penalties in my book. The first is a little theatrical perhaps but it’s still a penalty. The second one is clear cut. To not even look at it is gross negligence. 

Nothing surprises me with VAR anymore. Even when they have every camera angle to make the correct decision, they end up getting it wrong. Oh, and the excuse ‘it isn’t a clear and obvious error’ can f*** off too. It’s either a penalty or it isn’t a penalty and both times Huddersfield players were fouled in the box. 

I wanted Forest to come up but that match was tragically officiated. I’d be fuming if I was a Huddersfield fan. 

• Like 2

They might sign Keinan but I think they’ll need a (for want of a less cruel word) better striker to stay up. Even players like Mitrovic who dominate at Champ level haven’t always done that well in the PL. 

Yeah I find myself thinking the second one is more clear cut.

The first one, I can see why it’s not given, at least on first viewing. The Huddersfield player’s fall doesn’t help him, it looks slightly exaggerated.

Both penalties and I wouldn’t be happy had they not been given for Villa and I can’t imagine John Moss will be have many pints bought for him if he ever finds himself in Huddersfield.

Saw that lyle taylor celebrating with the forest team.

Wonder what he's thinking ? Stay with small heath or does he think he actually has a chance of playing prem footy ?

Nah, sod him. Forest, go rip off sha and sell him for a 4 Yr contract at the sty ! He's the type of word removed that fits in good n proppa at blooze.

Mate.

Edited by mottaloo

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Poppy and Pint, they'd got the imperial stout on and I'm not feeling too clever

Man, just down the road from me!  I should've spotted this sooner :D 

31 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Didn't see the one on the right, but the one on the left was never a pen.  The Huddersfield player was barely touched and absolutely went looking for it.

This is the problem with using still images.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Didn't see the one on the right, but the one on the left was never a pen.  The Huddersfield player was barely touched and absolutely went looking for it.

This is the problem with using still images.

There's contact for sure - dramatic fall or not

Just now, The_Steve said:

There's contact for sure - dramatic fall or not

Not disputing there was contact or not, just that it's not a pen for me.  The Huddersfield player is looking for it, leaves his leg in there doesn't try to avoid the defender at all.  Left foot barely changes as he's already decided he's heading to ground IMO.

I mean, it's not the worst decision in the World if a pen was given but, for me, not a pen and definitely not enough to overturn the original decision.

Just now, bobzy said:

Not disputing there was contact or not, just that it's not a pen for me.  The Huddersfield player is looking for it, leaves his leg in there doesn't try to avoid the defender at all.  Left foot barely changes as he's already decided he's heading to ground IMO.

I mean, it's not the worst decision in the World if a pen was given but, for me, not a pen and definitely not enough to overturn the original decision.

I mean, that's fair, and I've seen them given. So, I can understand why the fans are upset.

Just now, The_Steve said:

I mean, that's fair, and I've seen them given. So, I can understand why the fans are upset.

Yeah, same.

Just seen the footage of Lowe on O'Brien - that one definitely should've been a pen.

Â