Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Sky spouting crap that they feel Southgate doesnt think Ollie can play anywhere but up top?! Jesus, has anyone watched him play for Brentford!?

Same crap they spouted when Grealish wasn't picked for being a left winger and Sancho, rashford, sterling, greenwood being so good they kept him out...then he plays mount there.

Southgate hasn't picked Ollie because he doesn't want a balanced squad, he wants more right backs than keepers and more keepers than strikers. Logic.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Tournament is looking like a car crash already. I’m happy to be proved wrong.

I know and it's gutting. I know the England national team doesn't have the support or hype it used to have. But I honestly felt this could be our year. I mean all the top tier nations have had recent success so surely its has to be our time to win. 

8 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I know and it's gutting. I know the England national team doesn't have the support or hype it used to have. But I honestly felt this could be our year. I mean all the top tier nations have had recent success so surely its has to be our time to win. 

We’ll lose a striker early on and then the questions about why there are so many **** right backs and injured players in the squad. Mark my words.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’ll lose a striker early on and then the questions about why there are so many **** right backs and injured players in the squad. Mark my words.

Ollie is still training with the squad, he just needs to take out one of the RBs and he might get in. I'm actually surprised he's not taken JWP considering 90% of England's goals seem to come from set plays. 

Edited by AndyM3000

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Ollie is still training with the squad, he just needs to take out one of the RBs and he might get in. I'm actually surprised he's not taken JWP considering 90% of England's goals seem to come from set plays. 

Gambled on henderson

I can understand it as a fit Henderson is better with rice than anyone else, wouldn't be surprised if he gets pulled a couple of days before the Croatia game 

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

What do you mean, they are excellent footballers. Can see Trippier thrown up front as a Kane replacement while Calvert Lewin sits on the bench

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What do you mean, they are excellent footballers. Can see Trippier thrown up front as a Kane replacement while Calvert Lewin sits on the bench

I mean, he's definitely the better with his feet of the two 

Re: Lingard starting a friendly.

I can kind of see the logic. It’s a tournament held in a pandemic, any player could get symptoms and he and his room mate are ruled out, if Lingard is first choice replacement for most of England’s midfield/wide forwards then getting him involved isn’t insane. Interested to see if that was his thought process or if he’s just being weird though.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Jlingz playing tommorow in the warm up games and he hasn't even been picked lol. 

How is this? Obviously jobs for the boys, Stuart Pearce Gareth's bestie desperately wanted him in the sqaud I know that.

Â