Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

Absolutely Baffles me in the comments of Twitter/Facebook/YouTube that people who think Godfrey should be in the final 26. Think that should be at the expense of Mings. 

I've read Godfrey>Mings  so many times now and I mean I get it but it's surely Godfrey > Coady. 

I mean seriously do people actually think Connor Coady is international quality? And he's better than Tyrone??? Wtf. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Absolutely Baffles me in the comments of Twitter/Facebook/YouTube that people who think Godfrey should be in the final 26. Think that should be at the expense of Mings. 

I've read Godfrey>Mings  so many times now and I mean I get it but it's surely Godfrey > Coady. 

I mean seriously do people actually think Connor Coady is international quality? And he's better than Tyrone??? Wtf. 

Our players get massively underrated by other teams fans. Watkins has had it, Mings has had it and even Jack. Read some Man Utd forum and some people were suggesting he wouldn't get in their starting XI. Same with Man City fans. 

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Our players get massively underrated by other teams fans. Watkins has had it, Mings has had it and even Jack. Read some Man Utd forum and some people were suggesting he wouldn't get in their starting XI. Same with Man City fans. 

All 3 would get plenty of game time in man utds starting 11

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Coady is absolutely shocking, not sure how he has even made it this far into the squad especially if England play a back 4 he is a waste of a spot

On talkshite the other day they said he should be picked because the other players like him and he's got "great banter".

Maybe they should hand a call up to michael mcintyre or jimmy carr

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Mings has played comfortably more than the other two for England, so clearly he will be going. I can see the argument for taking Godfrey and not Coady, but again Coady has actually played before so I expect he'll get a spot. It does then allow a shift to 3 at the back if we want to do it for some reason. I agree he's not great though.

I dont understand why England dosent just roll a starting lineup with Zaha, Grealish, Stones, Maguire/Dunk and Ward-Prowse. Its set piece to ein. Grealish and Zaha will get 100 free kick per game, Ward-Prowse can take em and either score directly or hit Stones or Maguire/Dunk for a header?

13 minutes ago, MentalM said:

I dont understand why England dosent just roll a starting lineup with Zaha, Grealish, Stones, Maguire/Dunk and Ward-Prowse. Its set piece to ein. Grealish and Zaha will get 100 free kick per game, Ward-Prowse can take em and either score directly or hit Stones or Maguire/Dunk for a header?

Zaha has played for Ivory Coast for about 5 years now. I think that ship has sailed.

But I think other than that Southgate would be in agreement. England were basically just a set piece team at the World Cup.

Edited by YouUnastanFren

To be fair to Southgate we were a good set piece team (paired with VAR) it's strange that we haven't seen much of it since

A lot like our goal vs Chelsea we set up runners and blockers, send defenders the long way around to get to the ball, poor defenders like whoever we put 6 past (Panama?) couldn't cope with it 

We haven't really done it since but I'm hoping that's more because the more you do it the more teams can learn it and counter it and it should be back this summer 

41 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Zaha has played for Ivory Coast for about 5 years now. I think that ship has sailed.

Did not know, my bad :D thought he declared for England. 

Dont know other English players who gets fouled alot, but Grealish could up his game in receiving them?

I think Grealish will be in, Watkins out unfortunately and I’m feeling nervous for Tyrone. I’ve been thinking his spot was nailed on and all of a sudden think he might miss out which would be such a shame as I think his form this season has been excellent.

It's gonna be Ramsdale, Greenwood, Lingard, and the 2x Bens left out.
Mings and Coady go as they are leaders and have some experience, and with Maguire an injury doubt, there is no-one else in the backline to bollock anyone.

Probably a RB, so Alexander-Arnold? Wouldn't have a problem with this, not least because the other 3 are the RB for the title winner (and his teams best player in the CL final); the RB for the Champions League winner (and his teams 2nd best player on the night) and the RB for the winner of La Liga.

And probably Ollie, I'm afraid.
Really think he should go as he offers so much, but reckon he'll take Saka for versatility, Rashford because he fed some kids, and all the other midfielders, because of injury doubts around Jack, Henderson and Phillips. 

Personally, I'd leave out Henderson, if Phillips is fit. He's not played in months, and taking such players never works.

11 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

To be fair. Godfrey might get into the squad because he can play CB, LB and RB. That's very useful in tournament football. 

Shouldn't be at the expense of Mings though as a commanding left footed CB. He's been in great form as well the end the season. 

Â