Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Take all the right backs... 

add in the inclusion of Maguire and Henderson...

the manager is an utter joker.

we’re out in the second round.

That's it, wants to get through the group, that's it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why can’t an England manager just pick the best players for each position and if we have 3 or 4 good players for a position leave some at home?

Always the same. Shoe horning players into the team in the wrong positions because they are big names or play for the big clubs.

It what we do. Along with taking players who aren't fit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Oh well, that’ll be a new manager incoming in July after the inevitable negative showing in the main tourno.

Second round, no further for us. 

and we wonder why the players never quite click in the main tournament. 

Every time the manager makes a mess of the squad. 

They’ll all look like they’ve just met again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

It what we do. Along with taking players who aren't fit

If he’d have left Trent at home because he has better options and limited numbers he’d have earned some respect.

Instead he’s taken the cowardly option. 

Central midfield will be Southgate's downfall. Henderson not played since February. Rice recently back from injury, Philips carrying a shoulder injury. Add to that Rashford has admitted carrying injuries all season so he is likely to either perform sub-par again for England OR drop out completely. Mind if he does I expect Southgate to pick another bloody defender!

If Kane picks up a knock that's us buggered. I don't rate Calvert-Lewin, good header of the ball but not mobile enough. Missed a trick dropping Ollie, as an impact sub he'll tirelessly run the oppositions back line left right and centre, DCL simply doesn't do that. Plus Ollie can play across the front line as well so has that flexibility that DCL doesn't. Not that'd I'd drop DCL, I'd had taken all three. But Waistcoat hasn't to accommodate an off-form and unfit Rashford and a hot and cold Sterling. Knew he would. He likes to play huff and puff football and hit balls for pace in the channels, which of course is never going to win things at international level. Teams simply wont come onto England and allow us to hit on the break.

Don't think we've ever played good football with a 3-4-3. In the world cup we were trash against bad opposition and relied on set pieces to win. I had hoped Southgate had given up on it when he switched formations in the more recent games. But it seems he can't give it up and with Tuchel and Chelsea winning the champs league with its back as his fav. 

I just don't get playing a 3-4-3 how you fit in Jack/Foden/Mount. I'm sure it's gonna be a front 3 of Sterling/Kane/Rashford with Rice and Phillips behind. Which is so disappointing as a fan we won't get to see the expansive football we hoped. 

Edited by KAZZAM

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

If he’d have left Trent at home because he has better options and limited numbers he’d have earned some respect.

Instead he’s taken the cowardly option. 

Yeah, the thing is given the ages of walker and tripper, this could be there last tournament, its not like TAA or James don't have another 10 years of international football ahead of them

The media saying some of them can cover at cb..... just take a proper cb ffs

We're now relying on Kanes glass ankles not breaking

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Don't think we've ever played good football with a 3-4-3. In the world cup we were trash against bad opposition and relied on set peices to win. I had hope Southgate had given up on it when he switched formations in the more recent games. But it seems he can't give it up and with Tuchel and Chelsea winning the champs league with its back as his fav. 

I just don't get playing a 3-4-3 how you fit in Jack/Foden/Mount. I'm sure it's gonna be a front 3 of Sterling/Kane/Rashford with Rice and Phillips behind. Which is so disappointing as a fan we won't get to see the expansive football we hoped. 

And the defence won't actually be any better... 

He plays 5 at the back but we don't get more solid, instead we just weaken ourselves going forward which is where we should be our best

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Sky spouting crap that they feel Southgate doesnt think Ollie can play anywhere but up top?! Jesus, has anyone watched him play for Brentford!?

Whereas rashford or sterling can cover the striker position perfectly no doubt 🙄

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Sky spouting crap that they feel Southgate doesnt think Ollie can play anywhere but up top?! Jesus, has anyone watched him play for Brentford!?

What’s this obsession with playing people out of position. If he gets the balance right he doesn’t need to give too much concern to where else people can play. 
Hes got a squad of 26, not 14

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

But TAA can play in a midfield apperently??? has he ever?? Lol

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Has Southgate mentioned yet how versatile all his right backs are? 
Idiot, another from the school of thinking he has to over complicate the game.

He told the media he doesn’t see 4 right backs but 4 great players. Beyond parody. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Â