Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

Tournament is looking like a car crash already. I’m happy to be proved wrong.

I'm happy if it is a car crash. Want Southgate out. 

• Like 1

FOUR .......... F-O-U-R.....RIGHT BACK, IS YOUR JOKER! GARETH?

back 3 or 5 RB/RW- CH-CH-CH-LB/LW, 
Walker and Tripper as can play as basic centre half with bomb forward?

Trent and James, right back I guess... Konsa or Geoffery will better option. for extra right back with strong defensive if need. Walker understand as he quick right back but 4? I don't got it. Walker is not great centre-half every time he play centre-half he poor player and still call up as Gareth fit his system hook centre-half to overload full back with other full back (Hello?? what about Konsa???) better defend and can go forward overload same apply as Ming in left centre half with left back.

4 centre half? it is suit for 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 should be 5 minimum for this or 6 or 7 for back 3/5

if Trent-James that will be good called (maybe Walker but 4?)

what happen to Geoffery (and Konsa despite he is not in pre-selection he is one should call up?) they are a much better option for centre half, 4 centre half 4 Right back 3-Left back 2 Centre forward and 6(7) Winger.

3 Left-back understand with Saka as he left winger and left-back. Chewill and Shaw, Saka good calls.

Rashford-Sanchos-Foden-Grealish-Sanchos-Sterling? (Saka) 7 Wingers and I know Sterling and Rashford playing as forward. still, Gareth will play them as wide man. Ollie can play Forward effective than these; Sterling and Rashford and can play as winger did well if need. we have Rashford and Sterling, Sancho for right pace same position and Saka for left foot option. I would pick Sterling over Rashford and Sancho and pick Watkins for cover Winger if any happen also forward - this reason Watkins is must play.

Grealish-Foden is a must as a suit system in 2 behind forward and can as wide man as 3-4-2-1 / 5-4-1/ 3-4-3 and Saka for cover left back and play as winger

Idiot Gareth waste pick! Should sack and hired Howes Indeed.

p.s. why play lingaad if he not in Euro cup squad how prepared squad for Euro cup if he not named the tournament but safe player for tournament but how training them ready for euro if the player not selection.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
remove naughty words.

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Re: Lingard starting a friendly.

I can kind of see the logic. It’s a tournament held in a pandemic, any player could get symptoms and he and his room mate are ruled out, if Lingard is first choice replacement for most of England’s midfield/wide forwards then getting him involved isn’t insane. Interested to see if that was his thought process or if he’s just being weird though.

Its players not being fit

There's a lot of injured / recovering from injuries players in the squad, including 2 of the left wingers 

Lingard is a safety net, agree about him probably being 1st choice replacement too, if Jack does his shin ls in the next 2 weeks then Lingard is in, would rather Jack sat the 2 friendlies out and started vs Croatia if I'm honest 

• Like 2

I think he plays 

Pickford

Trent - walker - stones - mings - chilwell

Henderson - Rice

Mount - kane - sterling

With maguire coming in for mings of he's fit 

What he should be playing is

Pickford 

James - stones - mings - chilwell

Rice - henderson

Foden - mount - grealish 

Kane

The defence is shit in either scenario, the attack in the 2nd one is incredible 

The more I think about it the more maguire and henderson are huge for us, maguire isn't a great player but he's comfortably the 2nd best CB we have after stones (who also isn't great...) 

I don't think we'll see that blindingly obvious brilliant 3 behind kane play together all tournament 

• Like 4

Well, if things don’t go well Southgate’s basically signed his own ‘death warrant’ here as he’ll be mullered for taking 4 right backs irrespective of how he plans to use them, just giving folks the ammunition.

• Like 1

I'm probably alone in this but I don't mind the squad apart from not having Ollie as a third striker.  James and Walker seem sound choices for playing on the right of a back 3 with Trippier and TAA fighting it out at right wing back.  I just know he will play 2 sitting midfielders though which is where he will lose me.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Dumb as a stump, the 4 right backs are in because they in our top 26 best players. Jeez, I'm glad we haven't got anymore then, he would take more right backs if they were good enough, tit.

He actually said if he could he would take 5 or 6 right backs. Yes, the England head coach said that on live TV when discussing squad selection for a major tournament!

• Shocked 1

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What do you mean, they are excellent footballers. Can see Trippier thrown up front as a Kane replacement while Calvert Lewin sits on the bench

Slabhead can head a ball. He'll bring a hobbling Maguire on for Kane if that's the case in hope he'll nod one in, despite having the turning angle and speed of the Ark Royal.

Â