Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I just can’t see why they would keep him when they were relegated then sell him when they get promoted.

Presumably if we wanted him we could have bought him last year for a lot less than we'll have to pay this year. And we've moved a hell of a way forwards from where we were last year.  Makes no sense to me. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Presumably if we wanted him we could have bought him last year for a lot less than we'll have to pay this year. And we've moved a hell of a way forwards from where we were last year.  Makes no sense to me. 

Maybe we wanted to but didn't have enough budget left last summer? 

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Capture.thumb.JPG.24575b845b8ef6e5fa324e1bfd3b3825.JPG

He did that playing in the worst team in the league. Absolutely class player.

8th in chances created this past season. Not really a department we are lacking unless Jack is leaving. 

Just now, Okonokos said:

So because Jack creates chances then we shouldn't have anyone else in the team create chances? You can never have too many ways to score goals.

No you should absolutely have extra chance creators but, as far as the top flight goes, that's all Buendia is good for. To me, he is a one trick pony unproven in any other facet of attacking play. If you are paying £40 million plus he needs to be bring far more to the table. 

Jack needs someone to finish his chances not create extra ones that will get missed anyway. 

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

No you should absolutely have extra chance creators but, as far as the top flight goes, that's all Buendia is good for. To me, he is a one trick pony unproven in any other facet of attacking play. If you are paying £40 million plus he needs to be bring far more to the table. 

Jack needs someone to finish his chances not create extra ones that will get missed anyway. 

We'll have to agree to disagree then because Buendia is not a one trick pony.

• Like 2

Smith said his is post match interview that we need to find a way of not relying of Jack for creativity (or words to that effect, interview on sky website for those interested) so I do think there is something in this 

Just now, av1 said:

Smith said his is post match interview that we need to find a way of not relying of Jack for creativity (or words to that effect, interview on sky website for those interested) so I do think there is something in this 

For me, this has to be the priority this summer. We suffered so much when Jack was missing for 12 games. Hopefully he won't get injured again but if he does then we need someone to be equally as creative (or as equal as you can get to Jack).

Even if he does play a full season for us then we need to find ways of stopping teams doubling or tripling up on him. If we can add another creative player into the mix so that teams concentrate on marking him too then it frees Jack up even more.

• Like 2

The links are too constant - he’ll be leaving Norwich.  Imagine they will want to get it done early in the window so they have time to reinvest the funds.

Would be a big statement of intent to beat out Arsenal, et al for his signature.  Would give us statistically one of the most threatening attacks in the prem.

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Just feel if we are willing to pay that then there have to be other continental options available. 

2 whole goals in his entire top flight career. Smith plays inverted wingers and they are expected to chip in heavily on the goals scored by the squad.  Buendia plays exclusively on the right for Norwich. Sorry, he doesn't seem like a Dean Smith type winger at all. 

Also, I'm aware he scored 15 in the championship but then again so did Benrhama.

Why would continental options be better though

This guy is experienced in English football and proven in the prem. You pay a premium for that. I'd much prefer that than to gamble abroad. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

This guy is experienced in English football and proven in the prem. You pay a premium for that. I'd much prefer that than to gamble abroad. 

I guess we just have different definitions of proven.  One season of above average PL play doesn't catapult your value to the same as someone like Jota. 

Just compare the careers. Buendia's CV is laughable in comparison. Why would go and pay the same amount or possibly even more. In a year where supposedly clubs will be selling at cut rate prices. We would like beyond foolish. Definitely better ways to spend that sum of money. 

If Buendia is on Dean's list then the purchase price should be somewhere around what West Ham paid for Benrhama.  

IF he signs, I hope it's on the last day of the window, or a Grealish pens a new contract the same day. Or else we will be stuck with Jack leaving bullshit for every day for the reminder of the window.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Exactly this.  I think we're in a position where we don't need to gamble now, at least not for a key position. We need fewer singings than we did last year, so makes sense to spend more on the few we do need. But only if it comes with an element of reassurance.

The fact he has already shown huge levels of creativity in this league, but only for 1 season does give a decent level of assurance, about as much as you can expect without going way further up the cost bracket.  £30m doesn't get you proven quality these days. 

I’m not so sure £40m is a foregone conclusion…  could be £30-35m and maybe some add ons.

He’s the kind of player we quite desperately need and is low risk, he will “hit the ground running”. Will boost our creative power and ability significantly, another ball carrier and threat too.

It’s worth splashing out on a potential star and pretty much a guaranteed performer… he has stood out in a poor team that has heavily relied on him (highly impressive stats and performances for the last few seasons), time for him to take the next step in his career and shine for a superior team…

Then maybe we can bring in a couple more attacking players who could be seen as more of a risk or who would maybe need some time to settle & adapt. And maybe one of them will make an instant & impressive impact!

The likes of De Arrascaeta & Rashica.

The good things is, our starting 11 is fairly strong and competitive. Like Dean said, we don’t need major surgery but 3 top quality signings in key positions (esp. attack & midfield) would really elevate us…

• Like 2

Â