Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Like the idea of signing a few more high end championship players though.

Its worked pretty well for us to date.  Cash, Konsa and Watkins are great illustrations of the value you can get out of the championship with proper scouting/recruitment and I would rather fish there than the Juliper league etc..  It also helps that Buendia has already done it in the premiership for a season and looked pretty good.

8 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Its worked pretty well for us to date.  Cash, Konsa and Watkins are great illustrations of the value you can get out of the championship with proper scouting/recruitment and I would rather fish there than the Juliper league etc..  It also helps that Buendia has already done it in the premiership for a season and looked pretty good.

I agree. I advocated signing more top championship players for a long time. But I'll admit I thought some of the fees involved were excessive and not value per say.

Boy was a wrong. Deano knows his championship footballer.

• Like 1

Like the guy but not at that high a price. £40 million plus though, NO WAY!  That's what Liverpool paid for Jota. No way are we paying that for a player who has only lit it up at the championship level. 

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Like the guy but not at that high a price. £40 million plus though, NO WAY!  That's what Liverpool paid for Jota. No way are we paying that for a player who has only lit it up at the championship level. 

Well we paid (up to) £33 million for Watkins from the Championship. 

So it's possible we might end up with him for like £34 mill + £6 million add-ons.

10 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Refer to the post by MaVilla above,  but he is definitely proven at PL level,  compared with Watkins who wasn't and cost us 33 million.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I agree. I advocated signing more top championship players for a long time. But I'll admit I thought some of the fees involved were excessive and not value per say.

Boy was a wrong. Deano knows his championship footballer.

Leeds is essentially a side of Championship players

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Well we paid (up to) £33 million for Watkins from the Championship. 

So it's possible we might end up with him for like £34 mill + £6 million add-ons.

Just feel if we are willing to pay that then there have to be other continental options available. 

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

brother, are you not aware of Buendia's stats last season when he was in the prem???

2019/20 Season:

Chances created - 83

For reference, thats 4th in the list, behind De Bruyne, Grealish and Trent, and thats with playing 5-600 minutes less than Grealish (91) & Trent (87).

In that season Buendia created 21.8% of Norwich's chances, for reference, Grealish created 20% of our chances in the 2019/20 season.

this was all for a relegated team, so on balance thats Grealish territory of creativeness for a bottom 3-4 side.

2 whole goals in his entire top flight career. Smith plays inverted wingers and they are expected to chip in heavily on the goals scored by the squad.  Buendia plays exclusively on the right for Norwich. Sorry, he doesn't seem like a Dean Smith type winger at all. 

Also, I'm aware he scored 15 in the championship but then again so did Benrhama.

19 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I think he's easily worth that much. That may even be a bargain for him in the current market. He's a class player.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Mmmm I get the attraction, but I wonder if they are too similar.

I would have gone for someone that's more direct as a classical winger. A work horse.

Ofc. it would be great to have Buendia either way, and especially when Jack needs a breather.

But the two on the same team with Traore? Just feel like they will all hug the ball a lot and we'll lose penetration.

But I'm probably wrong.

Like the idea of signing a few more high end championship players though.

Possibly, but I think we definitely need another creative playmaker in that attacking third and Buendia is certainly that. 

And as you say, if Jack needs a breather or is injured, we won't suffer as much with a Buendia in the team. 

Just depends on how much we have to spend as Norwich probably aren't going to sell for anything less than £40m and there are other areas we need to strengthen on top of this.

I’m actually surprised at the amount of links away from Norwich considering they refused to sell in January (supposedly). 

I think another poster said this, but it makes me think that Norwich said to him in Jan that he needed to stay just to cement their Promotion but in the Summer he could leave if the right bid comes in. Perhaps? 

40m is a lot of money but the boy is class and his stats are very impressive. Him and Grealish in the side would be very interesting..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I think he's easily worth that much. That may even be a bargain for him in the current market. He's a class player.

I think he is the Benrhama of this transfer summer. Skilled but undersized winger with pretty much zero top flight credentials. Just think we can do better or Norwich can come way down on that fee. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

I think he is the Benrhama of this transfer summer. Skilled but undersized winger with pretty much zero top flight credentials. Just think we can do better or Norwich can come way down on that fee. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.24575b845b8ef6e5fa324e1bfd3b3825.JPG

He did that playing in the worst team in the league. Absolutely class player.

• Like 3

Â