Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I like Buendia but don't see where he fits in our system unless it's behind the striker and Jack is on the left. I wouldn't play him on the right personally.

Yeah he's right footed so should operate off the left. But he plays off the right so it'd be a change of position for him. 

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I just can’t see why they would keep him when they were relegated then sell him when they get promoted.

Assume he stayed with them last season and they agreed he could move on this summer. They probably feel the money re-invested in the playing staff would help their survival chances in Prem

• Like 1

Im not saying we arent bidding BUT I expect us to be linked to lots of players this summer as the media know we have money and other clubs will use us as a distraction

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why would he be sacked? Arsenal have the 2nd best form in the League since Boxing Day. Clearly looks like they turned a corner in second half of the season. 

Just hard to see what would be reason to choose less wages and a less big name club and join us. Just setting expectations on this one

We are finally very stable both on and off the pitch and are very much a team in the ascendance. Arsenal as a club are at war with themselves. There’s not even stability in the boardroom let alone at manager. I think Buendia will have picked up enough English by now to cope and join the fun at Villa Park. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Im not saying we arent bidding BUT I expect us to be linked to lots of players this summer as the media know we have money and other clubs will use us as a distraction

Plus everybody knows you have to " step up the chase " to set to prepare " " to launch a bid " first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest i think he might be two footed, but uses his left a lot cutting inside as he usually plays on the right. It's hard to tell because not only does he shoot and pass with both feet but also controls and dribbles with both feet.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

To be honest i think he might be two footed, but uses his left a lot cutting inside as he usually plays on the right. It's hard to tell because not only does he shoot and pass with both feet but also controls and dribbles with both feet.

I’ve just watched his 20/21 YouTube highlights and he took a penalty right footed, however it also shows him scoring from distance with both feet. 
Ive seen hardly anything of him before watching the highlights reel, and he strikes me as being in the middle a fair bit, rather than looking like a right sided forward. Looks to me like he could play behind Watkins as a No10, but also on the right. It’s not my money but £40m+ would seem to me to be £10m over the top, I’d put him in the same bracket as Watkins last summer. I’ve said before we’ll likely have to pay over the odds for one or two players, so maybe this is one that the club want to secure? If it’s good enough for the recruitment team, it’s plenty good enough for me. UTV

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Him and Jack on the same team would be very exciting to watch.

Mmmm I get the attraction, but I wonder if they are too similar.

I would have gone for someone that's more direct as a classical winger. A work horse.

Ofc. it would be great to have Buendia either way, and especially when Jack needs a breather.

But the two on the same team with Traore? Just feel like they will all hug the ball a lot and we'll lose penetration.

But I'm probably wrong.

Like the idea of signing a few more high end championship players though.

Be great for Emi to have an Argentinian mate as well!!

Can you imagine a three of:

Buendia --- Jack --- Rashica

Sitting behind and feeding Ollie?  Or Tammy?  Ollie would be licking his lips making runs in front of those three.

All three seem capable of creating and interchanging/playing in any position along that three.  I see this interchangeability as really exciting and, potentially, making it really hard for the opposition to set a plan.  The fact that, having watched the highlights video, none of us can tell for definite which foot is his stronger is also a big tick for me.

£40m is expensive but I think that is where we are with our owners and our league position.  Unlike Watkins, Buendia is proven already in the PL, having had a good season last season.  Add in a strong DCM to play alongside SJM/Luiz/Sanson and we could have a really exciting front 6 to add to our top 6 back 5.

57 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I like Buendia but don't see where he fits in our system unless it's behind the striker and Jack is on the left. I wouldn't play him on the right personally.

Rotation and options. We don't always have to play the same system week in week out.

Twice the player Barkley is with plenty of experience of English football, whilst still being a great age. This is an absolute no-brainer if we can get it done. Should have got him last summer at a cheaper price. 

• Like 1

Â