Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Like many others, he would do well from a change of managerial scenery.

One of the many failures of Gerrard's system is the slowness at which Villa played. Yes - the system utilized two number 10's but these conceptually operated far different than Buendia's strengths.

When you think of Buendia at his highest at Norwich - he was - like I feel many others in the squad are suited to - best in transition. His ability to find a pocket, turn and receive, and play a through ball, is his greatest ability.

But what are you to do when everything moves at a snails pace and by the time he receives the ball, all 10 opponents are in a tightly packed block? You need the most clinical of passing, movement, and finishing in order to beat that and we do not have that at Villa.

So I'm hoping whoever comes in identifies there's a player in Buendia - and shapes the team around his ability to carry and release the ball instead of this fanciful ability to create 'magic'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I wouldn't say Smith didn't fancy him. He only managed him for 11 Premier league games of which he started 7 (including Smiths last 4 games in charge), came on as sub in 2 and was out injured for one. 

I don't think we have seen anything like the best from him yet though and hopefully the new manager can bring that out of him. I am certainly far more confident in him coming good than I am Bailey.

He was always going to play under Smith to begin with, you don’t leave your record signing on the bench when you’ve just signed him. I genuinely don’t think Smith fancied him either. I have no doubt he will offer more than Bailey but that wouldn’t be hard. 

18 hours ago, WHY said:

He was always going to play under Smith to begin with, you don’t leave your record signing on the bench when you’ve just signed him. I genuinely don’t think Smith fancied him either. I have no doubt he will offer more than Bailey but that wouldn’t be hard. 

He signed him to play with Grealish. He was signed way before the Ings/Bailey deal and Buendia needed surgery in pre season so was weeks behind the other players

Bringing in Ings was the problem as Smith and in fairness probably Gerrard were probably told to play both strikers which left no room for both Buendia/Bailey 

Club is just ran badly in the last year or so

40 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Stick him in the middle for a run of games with two battling CMs behind him and see what happens.

That's it. Sit him in front of Kamara and Luiz. 

Push JJ up to top three. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

Ultimately, Buendia has flattered to deceive. I know most people love him but you can count the great games he's had on one hand and have fingers left over. He's had some nice cameos off the bench but has been generally shite when he's started.

He's got it all to prove. Right now he's an expensive flop.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2022 at 15:15, R.Bear said:

Ultimately, Buendia has flattered to deceive. I know most people love him but you can count the great games he's had on one hand and have fingers left over. He's had some nice cameos off the bench but has been generally shite when he's started.

He's got it all to prove. Right now he's an expensive flop.

This aged well.

Absolutely brilliant today. 

• Like 1

A hardworking 10. Receive, carry, link up, pick out a pass. 

He’s had more showy games but probably his most complete game to date for us. 

And really controlled the tempo, earning those fouls and killing off the game when needed. That sort of tactical position winning we haven’t had since Jack.

always been one of my favourite Villa players, such a pity he had been misused, abused and treated like s***, he's such a capable player in the right formation and tactics, and with the right players around him.

He's a baller imo, a silky and intelligent player, who also works hard, those types of players are rare.

Â