Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

His lack of pace really means he can only effectively play as a 10. He’s not fast enough to play out wide.

I do agree with this. He also doesn't have the discipline (or is not instructed) to keep his width and I don't think he's got the tricks to really beat his man out wide 1v1 like Bailey.

He is solely a number 10 in today's prem which is sometimes a luxury. If he ever gained some more defensive discipline, he could play as a flexible 8 sort of like Bernardo Silva at City but I don't think he has that in his locker yet.

The problem is that Coutinho is also a number 10 or needs more or less a free role on the left with the LB or CM covering for him.

Can not have two free roles on the same team in the prem. Too easy to sit back against teams like that.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

His lack of pace really means he can only effectively play as a 10. He’s not fast enough to play out wide.

You can play as a wide playmaker rather than an out and out winger. You probably would need some pace on the other side though. That's how he played for Norwich.

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You can play as a wide playmaker rather than an out and out winger. You probably would need some pace on the other side though. That's how he played for Norwich.

The way Eriksen played for Spurs under Poch to accommodate Dele Alli. Buendia is a lot more mobile and tenacious than him, so it's really down to technical ability whether you can make it work.

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Erikson isnt quick. Poch got a proper tune out of him

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Along with Ing's just needs game time, no good bringing this guy on at 70 for 20 minutes of magic. In reality he's not fully match fit with not getting 90 minutes of football.

I hope you’re right but I haven’t seen anything from either player, under 2 separate managers, that makes me think anything other than they are not the right players for us. They’ve both got good elements to their games but their all round ability is lacking a bit in my view.

You’re free now Emi… the amateur has gone…

Looking forward to see him shine. Supreme creative talent… we need to build around him…

Not so bothered about Phil, he can leave for all I care… past it…

Perfect scenario would be the new manager getting the best out of both (as well as the rest of our squad 🤣).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

You’re free now Emi… the amateur has gone…

Looking forward to see him shine. Supreme creative talent… we need to build around him…

Not so bothered about Phil, he can leave for all I care… past it…

Perfect scenario would be the new manager getting the best out of both (as well as the rest of our squad 🤣).

Could not agree with this more...

Buendia offers so much more than Phil. He is ALWAYS moving and putting in short burst runs to receive the ball. ANd when allowed to play his game, has put through some wonderful passes. Unfortunately under Gerrard, there hasn't been any movement for his to be able to create.

• Like 3

This idea that Buendia is going to become world class now is just daft. He’s been decidedly average since he came here from Norwich. Lacks pace to play in a wide position and too careless on the ball to play in midfield. 

I don’t rate him anywhere near as highly as most on VillaTalk. 

It’s all about opinions though so hopefully I’m just plain wrong!

I was warming up the idea that he was going to be a good successor to Grealish but have come to the conclusion he is nowhere near his level. 

Edited by Pinebro

8 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I was warming up the idea that he was going to be a good successor to Grealish but have come to the conclusion he is nowhere near his level. 

Totally different players 

Â