Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

On 20/07/2022 at 16:03, maqroll said:

He's not a Gerrard signing and probably wouldn't have ever been a Gerrard signing, and because of this we can expect to see him on the bench more than we ever want to.

I think he will start. 

No knowing what will happen in the remaining pre season games - but if the first game were Saturday I think he be a nailed on starter.

I believe he could possibly work in the 8 role now as well that we have a more solid base in better centre backs and Kamara protecting. He certainly has the work rate and strength for the role.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 20/07/2022 at 18:03, maqroll said:

He's not a Gerrard signing and probably wouldn't have ever been a Gerrard signing, and because of this we can expect to see him on the bench more than we ever want to.

Mate but would Bailey have been a Gerrard signing?

Out of the 2, i actually think EMI would be more of a " Gerrard signing " than Bailey, due to his workrate and tenacity.

I don't think it's that simple, mind, I don't know what it is, but I think there is something else.

As has been mentioned before, I think they reckon Bailey at his BEST ( Bendesliga best ) probably has a higher ceiling and is more dangerous.

Might also be that Bailey is very much a confidence player so they are trying to support him.

Without a doubt though, EMI has been more consistent and deserving of the place up till at least the end of last season IMO.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he starts the Rennes game then he’ll start against Bournemouth. If he doesn’t, he won’t. 

I expect a very strong team v Utd as well. Wouldn't be surprised if first half is same as the Bournemouth XI.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I expect a very strong team v Utd as well. Wouldn't be surprised if first half is same as the Bournemouth XI.

Yep. Agreed. I’m more interested in the formation.

Personally, I think it will be a 4-3-2-1 with Bailey and Coutinho behind Watkins. McGinn, Ramsey and Kamara as the 3. Bailey and Coutinho might play slightly wider, not sure. That would be my guess anyway.

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Personally, I think it will be a 4-3-2-1 with Bailey and Coutinho behind Watkins. McGinn, Ramsey and Kamara as the 3. Bailey and Coutinho might play slightly wider, not sure. That would be my guess anyway.

Few big names that could do with a performance.

Cash, Mings, McGinn and Coutinho have players outperforming them so far IMO.

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Any lineup without Buendia in it is not the best possible lineup for Villa. It really is that simple.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Any lineup without Buendia in it is not the best possible lineup for Villa. It really is that simple.

I’d be inclined to agree, I just don’t think the management team do. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, stegzy said:

I believe he could possibly work in the 8 role now as well that we have a more solid base in better centre backs and Kamara protecting. He certainly has the work rate and strength for the role.

I'd be interested to see it tried but much as I love Emi some of his passing is quite loose and a lot of his play is risky. OK as a 10 but I think he'd give the ball away a lot in CM which would leave us exposed. 

I actually think Coutinho would be OK there if he battled a bit more (which Emi definitely does).

Ultimately I don't see either of them starting too many games there really.

Â