Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I really don’t understand the constant clambering for him to start. For every good ball he plays there are three examples of him dallying on the ball or being dispossessed. Incredibly frustrating player to watch.

Because your eyes aren’t open apparently. @sidcow

11 minutes ago, WHY said:

Agree, he does some lovely things but either is final ball is poor or he gets dispossessed. He’s been poor today but the pitch hasn’t helped his game. 

Buendia's final ball is poor!?!?!?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I rate him and I think he offers something for sure. He’s not the world beater most make him out to be, that’s all. Incredibly frustrating the amount of times he dwells on the ball or gives it away.

17 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I really don’t understand the constant clambering for him to start. For every good ball he plays there are three examples of him dallying on the ball or being dispossessed. Incredibly frustrating player to watch.

He's drifting all over the pitch and dropping back to drive us forward. He's so much more direct than most of our players and has the tenacity we still pretend McGinn has. He's a distance ahead of everybody else we have.

He loses the ball sometimes but these players do. At times he's almost trying to play the Jack role when he's dropping back into midfield to drive us forwards.

We were just spoilt by how good Jack was, Buendia is a very good player.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I rate him and I think he offers something for sure. He’s not the world beater most make him out to be, that’s all. Incredibly frustrating the amount of times he dwells on the ball or gives it away.

Agreed. I think a Coutinho and Buendia pairing could be really dangerous though. Add in Bailey. Seems like they should complement each other very well.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I love him.

Take our first goal: He gets the ball from the intercept from Kamara just outside our box and immediately sends a peach of a ball up to Bailey.

But that's not why I love him.

Having played the ball, he busted his arse getting upfield in support and gave Bailey an option just outside the opposition penalty area.

That's why I love him!

Buendia is what people think mcginn is. His intensity is unmatched on this team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

You seem to be seeking an argument. I'm not sure why. 

I thought Buendia was immense. You thought Coutinho was better.  Shall we just leave it at that eh? 

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I don't think anyone is saying this.

But he is our best player and should be the first name on the teamsheet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

It was very obvious how much better we were when Buendia came on.

We really need to get both him and Coutinho on the pitch together.

4231 or 433 is the only way

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

4231 or 433 is the only way

This is what confuses me tbh. With the squad we’ve got one of the above seems obvious, yet we persist with something else. 

Â