Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

10 hours ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Lastly, Villa fans seriously have to calm down with this obsession about being a European team. You are still a long way off that level, 

We're not though, Fulham are in the last European place at the moment, 3 points ahead of us. West Ham qualified for Europe last season and look at them now. It doesn't take much to get into 7th/8th, the gap is not that big. However if you want to get from 8th to 4th or 3rd then the gap is enormous.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Average. Him and Bailey need to be replaced. 

Interesting - I thought Buendia looked decent today.  Very bright on the ball, lots of quick interchanges.  All slowed down rapidly after he went off.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Average. Him and Bailey need to be replaced. 

i think they'd be both good squad players but having that top tier competition would transform the team. being able to rotate him I think would bring out the best of him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Interesting - I thought Buendia looked decent today.  Very bright on the ball, lots of quick interchanges.  All slowed down rapidly after he went off.

100% - Coutinho came on and nothing worked for him. Buendia had a very solid game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Unbelievable how much negative hyperbole there is from a certain few about this guy, despite others posting factual evidence showing he is in fact one of the best performers in the team 😂

I'm sure I even saw someone say a few pages ago that he's too slow to start for any top half team in the league. Arsenal currently destroying the league with Odegaard at 10, he might be the slowest player in the league! City have Bernardo Silva, Grealish and Foden, none of whom would be much quicker than Buendia, if at all.

Buendia's success or otherwise in this league will not come down to his pace, fmd. Put him in Arsenal's team instead of Odegaard and I don't know how much worse he would perform than their captain - I'm sure not quite as well given the latter is a Real Madrid starlet, but nevertheless I'm also confident he would be doing just fine.

Lastly, Villa fans seriously have to calm down with this obsession about being a European team. You are still a long way off that level, and Buendia certainly won't be the first player to be replaced on your way to getting there. Your entire backline, your whole central midfield excluding Kamara, and your striker are all positions that would need upgrading before Buendia.

I agree with your first sentence.

The rest is nonsense.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Agree with this. ATEOTD I presume his role is fairly explicitly to try passes that are lower-percentage but higher-reward. 

Thought he was poor today, gave the ball away too many times and didn't create much either. I like him as a player but he needs to up his game now to reflect his potential if he is going to become a key player for us. I think we need more options in the forward positions to alleviate the pressure on both him and Bailey, and I'm not sure Coutinho is the answer 

I thought he was poor to be honest and he’s looking like the weak link in our team. His work rate is great but some of his decision making is atrocious. I feel like a lot of people are scared to criticise him and I’m not sure why? 

• Like 1

When you’ve to nit pick to “ find “ essentially the good things he did/does , you know he ain’t that good - and he isn’t. Since day 1 the overriding issue is still a problem and will continue to be - he’s too weak physically and still backs himself to take a ball into a ruck and to come out with it, gets turned over and puts us on the back foot. 

Â