Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

36 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

pointless stats because they don't take into account the opposition or other factors such as injuries, red cards or individual errors. pure reductionism

The stats themselves even say we score more and concede less with him on the pitch but we win less games 

Without context that doesn't make sense 

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s a little bit of a <shrugs shoulders> stat. So yesterday’s match would contribute to the win percentage without Buendia starting. But there’s more than a fair argument to say we won that because Buendia was (eventually) on the pitch. 

The next logical question then is would we have won yesterday if Buendia had started and played the full 90? I struggle to believe anyone would think we’d have failed to win if he had started.

I think on occasion there’s possibly some rationale to bring him on later, rather then start. Occasionally, in certain games. But I think it’s clear that he should be starting most matches.

I think we’d benefit from his energy and aggression against a team like Crystal Palace, particularly away. I’m not sure if there’s a question of him lasting the whole game. Hopefully that isn’t on going and soon he’ll be up to full match fitness. 

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what a player.

Its such a travesty that he isnt one of the first names on the team sheet.

He ain’t the same player when he starts. I don’t think he can handle pressure.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

According to "Birmingham Live"SG only brought him on because Coutinho pick up an injury.

Obviously he only brought him on that early due to injury. 

Whether he'd have brought him on around the time Bailey came on is open to debate.

It's fundamentally clear that he changed the game in our favour from the second he came on. You can only assume that based on how "protective" Gerrard claims he has been with Buendias fitness coming back from injury,  that he'll now do the same with Coutinho. 

Buendia should 100% start next game,  regardless of Coutinho recovering from a slight knock.  And absolutely should even more now you factor that in.  If he doesn't, we know Gerrard is a liar and talks out his arse.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think we’d benefit from his energy and aggression against a team like Crystal Palace, particularly away. I’m not sure if there’s a question of him lasting the whole game. Hopefully that isn’t on going and soon he’ll be up to full match fitness. 

When he does play the full 90 he usually runs 1/2 km more than most of the others 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

pointless stats because they don't take into account the opposition or other factors such as injuries, red cards or individual errors. pure reductionism

Who was that one player a few years back - basically a statistical anomaly. Whenever he played we won - but he was **** shit. Someone under Lambert perhaps.

Edit : possibly Sylla

Edited by rodders0223

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Build the team around him in his best position.

Ahh yes, but is that in a free role or playing from the right? History suggests he was better on the right. 

Even so, I think he has everything he needs to play the lone 10 role behind Ings and Watkins. If it looks like we're sticking with two up top, I think we'd have plenty of success with Buendia behind them.

Two options for the through ball, two forwards pulling defenders out his way. Teams aren't uses to dealing with two strikers these days and it could work wonders for us.

Just need to sort out the midfield behind that front 3 so it doesn't leave gaping holes everywhere. 

On 15/08/2022 at 07:08, rodders0223 said:

Who was that one player a few years back - basically a statistical anomaly. Whenever he played we won - but he was **** shit. Someone under Lambert perhaps.

Edit : possibly Sylla

Steve Sidwell...  Was a meme for an entire season.

Â