Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Shame we don't seem capable of fitting them both (Buendia & Coutinho) into the team. Hopefully that changes for next season.

Still feels like more of a instructions issue that the players not being compatible.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Love his heart and his competitiveness. Gutted for him but i do get it. Theres normally no room for sentiment in professional sport. But with it being Liverpool i do get why Phil is starting. Emi has 4 years left on his deal. Phil is on loan for 4 more games. Lets get Phil signed and then if Gerrard does the same favouritism next year we can smash him for it

And if Phil throws a strop next year he's ours on a big salary. No way should he play tonight over Buendia after Saturday's MOTM performance. It sends the wrong signals to players. 

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Some of our fans comments today and their "outrage" at Buendia not starting are really short sighted 

Why can't it just be that Gerrard rates Coutinho better?

You're ranting nonsense with this perceived inside knowledge. 

• Like 1

Couldn't care less about the sentiment between Coutinho and Liverpool...

Buendia has had a real tough time here...he has his best game for us, and finally looks relaxed in his play (ability never been in doubt), and he's dropped. Doesn't sit right with me tbh.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AV82 said:

*Obligatory build the team around Buendia post*

Gerrard, play him as an 8 instead of McGinn you **** coward.

Obligatory but correct. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Needs to be on the pitch as much as possible. The guy is class. 

That's why I don't want to sign Coutinho. Gerrard will be starting him every week on those wages :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Other Mat said:

Ran the show when he came on. Gerrard needs to start him, it’s doing my head in watching for only 15mins every week.

I think Coutinho got the nod because “Liverpool” tbh. I’d be amazed if Buendia doesn’t start the next game. 

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That's why I don't want to sign Coutinho. Gerrard will be starting him every week on those wages :(

Exactly. It's not that Coutinho is terrible or would be a bad person to have in the squad, it's that you know in advance that he's going to start a less effective player than a more effective one in like 80-90% of matches. I don't want to think this but I just don't think he's capable of viewing the situation dispassionately. 

• Like 3

Â