Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But the sums your suggesting is madness. You dont sell a 40m player for half his value after one season.

Remember joelinton? He was a disaster in his 1st season and its taken a few years but he is really good now. We need to keep buendia for at least another year.

What sums did I suggest? Point was just that sometimes you have to cut your losses. Agree we should keep him another year, but that’s because there’s value in him as a player longer term - not because he was a record signing. The original price tag is largely irrelevant (ok maybe there is an FFP consideration there, but not convinced that’s the main issue).

We’ll always have expensive signings who for whatever reason aren’t right for the club, and it’s usually better to just move them on asap (whether that’s a loan or a sale) and recycle the cash. Still tbc whether Buendia will fall into that category… I hope not

I think we can accommodate both in the squad, even if they don’t play together that often. There’s rotation (hoping we get more of a cup run next season), injury cover, games where we do want to play both of them. Keep both I say.

Why are we discussing the potential sale of Buendia? Seems enormously unlikely that we'll sell him any time soon.

I think that if we can buy some more solidity in our central midfield this summer then we should have a much better foundation for playing both Buendia and Coutinho (assuming we buy him) in the same team.

I also think that he should be playing, but I do believe that Coutinho is the better player of the two. Also we can say that it should have been Buendia and not Ings subbed on for Bailey, but Ings made a great impact and got an assist for our first goal in just a couple of minutes so we could argue it was the correct sub. Not sure I would rather have Bailey starting ahead of Ings or Buendia though..

• Like 1

Him and Coutinho looked good in a couple of games together but disjointed in the majority of others. However I think it’s worth persisting with. Just need to tweak their positioning a little bit and the areas they’re allowed to operate in.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't shy away from playing EMI as a midfielder, to accommodate other forwards.

I was initially a bit worried about his size, for that area but he's a little Pitbull.

Would love to see an experiment till end of season, with him on the Right side of the middle three maybe.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wouldn't shy away from playing EMI as a midfielder, to accommodate other forwards.

I was initially a bit worried about his size, for that area but he's a little Pitbull.

Would love to see an experiment till end of season, with him on the Right side of the middle three maybe.

His main asset is the killer ball though. Has to play in the final third.

• Like 1

Two holding midfielders with a rotation of three from Ramsey, McGinn, Bailey, Buendia and maybe Coutinho ahead of them. He'd do great in a midfield set up like one of these (holding midfielders based on rumours).

Bailey  Coutinho  Buendia                           Bailey  Ramsey  Buendia                              Bailey  McGinn  Buendia

Kamara  Bissouma            or                    Phillips   Kondogbia            or                      Nakamba  Ndidi

A solid defense behind him and teams not being able to double up on him due to the threats that the other two attacking midfielders pose would give him the freedom and lack of pressure to thrive and really show us what all of our midfielders can do without the pressure of trying to do a bit of everything due to a lack of defensive quality.

12 hours ago, Nigel said:

I dont want to lose this guy, if that means missing out on Coutinho then so be it!

and worst of all is selling him and hes not even been given a fair chance to prove his worth.  Never before has a record signing not been given a chance. 

I really like Emi , my biggest gripe with him other than his goal vs Brentford is he can’t finish from outside the box or in with his feet, is it down to lack of composure and being a bit 100mph with everything?

The only reason I see Gerrard not starting Buendia at the moment is that he knows he will be part of his team for next season.

At the moment he hasn't seen enough from Bailey and a few others. So they are given playing time to prove their worth for next season!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lainux said:

The only reason I see Gerrard not starting Buendia at the moment is that he knows he will be part of his team for next season.

At the moment he hasn't seen enough from Bailey and a few others. So they are given playing time to prove their worth for next season!

ye i thought this.

or at least, i tried to convince myself this was the case..... :)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Explains the problem we have, good players,  poor shape. 

Buendia did play as a right sided forward though, so it is absolutely fine for him to play there. Just means one of McGinn or Ramsey needs to be dropped, as does one of Ings or Watkins (or Watkins needs to play left wing, which is just a no).

I'd start Buendia next game, especially with Ramsey injured, but just can't figure out how he'd fit in the team. 

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Explains the problem we have, good players,  poor shape. 

Buendia did play as a right sided forward though, so it is absolutely fine for him to play there. Just means one of McGinn or Ramsey needs to be dropped, as does one of Ings or Watkins (or Watkins needs to play left wing, which is just a no).

I'd start Buendia next game, especially with Ramsey injured, but just can't figure out how he'd fit in the team. 

The answer is to play 4231.

But that ofc is never gonna happen unfortunately.

• Like 1

As others have said we should be building our team around Buendia, not relegating him to the bench. If we're to persist with 2 up top I hope Gerrard can come to his senses and try Buendia as an 8.

• Like 2

Â