Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

He does need to get his numbers up, just three goals in sixty-five Premier League appareances, if he's going to take up a space in our front three then really needs to be doing better than that.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, useless said:

He does need to get his numbers up, just three goals in sixty-five Premier League appareances, if he's going to take up a space in our front three then really needs to be doing better than that.

He hasn’t exactly had much chance in recent weeks and he was dropped when playing well. Bailey and Ings especially have been poor. Watkins scored a few but been hopeless most of the season. 

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Unbelievable he seems to have singled Buendia out for upping his numbers. What about Bailey, Ings and Watkins?! They were added to his comments as an after thought. If we plod along today with little creation with him on the bench I’ll be seriously pissed off. 

He elaborated his comment by saying, he is not the only one.

When someone is talking about a single player, you can't just assume it doesn't apply to a few more,too.

• Like 1

I don't think any player, is playing that well, that it leaves it open to criticise the manager.

Who really is standing out in our recent games?

If a player stands out beyond all recognition, and gets left out....then the criticism is deserved....if its just a player, a fan likes, then, bad luck.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

He elaborated his comment by saying, he is not the only one.

When someone is talking about a single player, you can't just assume it doesn't apply to a few more,too.

He did elaborate his comment, but he initially focused on Buendia and his numbers when he hasn’t yet said that about Ings for example. Also, I would argue that Buendia showed enough to keep his place before being dropped or at least have been brought back into the starting 11 in light of our poor form these last 5 games. Coutinho has been invisible and is here on loan while Buendia is our record signing who has shown the tenacity to affect the game. I would try and find a way to get them both playing - play them both wide.  All opinions of course, but I will use his team selection to be critical. He has got it wrong in lots of areas in my view - persistence with McGinn, Konsa, Watkins, Coutinho shows that. 

Edited by Villa87
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

He did elaborate his comment, but he initially focused on Buendia and his numbers when he hasn’t yet said that about Ings for example. Also, I would argue that Buendia showed enough to keep his place before being dropped or at least have been brought back into the starting 11 in light of our poor form these last 5 games. Coutinho has been invisible and is here on loan while Buendia is our record signing who has shown the tenacity to affect the game. I would try and find a way to get them both playing - play them both wide.  All opinions of course, but I will use his team selection to be critical. He has got it wrong in lots of areas in my view - persistence with McGinn, Konsa, Watkins, Coutinho shows that. 

He focused on Buendia, because the narrative was Buendia, it was the subject of discussion.

I believe its hobsons choice.....He has to run with some semblance of consistency with team selection....I believe over time, the lacking of central midfield quality , has affected the whole team's form...so now it seems more is wrong, than it actually is, or will be after we have corrected it.

I also think on form Coutinho out flanks Buendia for talent....but yes Coutinho has struggled recently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It was actually 8 games. I think "or whatever" definitely covers +/- 2. 

3 of those we won 9-0 in total, and he played 2 games prior to Leicester against Arsenal. 

Edited by jim

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

Hard to do add to his tally Steven, when he hardly gets game time!

Not good. Buendia was hitting a stride when he was dropped. 

This is starting to really annoy me now.

Gerrard's quotes in full are IMO more balanced

Gerrard added: "He works extremely hard every day, he’s tenacious and warrior-like in how he goes about it. A lot of our forward players have got to continue trying to keep the crowd in the right place, they have to deliver and execute in the final third, that’s what they get paid to do. But that’s not just at Emi, it’s all of our goal scorers, our wingers, our tens, our attacking players.

"We’ve got a lot of talent in the building but the reality is we’re not scoring enough goals of late, that’s what we’re expecting. We’re expecting them to push and score or create in big moments to put us in a better place in the league."  He's not singled anyone out but pointed to a flaw in the creavitiy and goal scoring department. Gerrard is pushing him to do better. It's not some conspiracy against him.
Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

Hard to do add to his tally Steven, when he hardly gets game time!

Not good. Buendia was hitting a stride when he was dropped. 

This is starting to really annoy me now.

He talks shite. Repeatedly.

20 hours ago, The_Steve said:

BuT GeRrArD hAtEs EmI 

Sounds delusion tbh. Most crap bosses think they have great relationships with their staff.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Gerrard's quotes in full are IMO more balanced

Gerrard added: "He works extremely hard every day, he’s tenacious and warrior-like in how he goes about it. A lot of our forward players have got to continue trying to keep the crowd in the right place, they have to deliver and execute in the final third, that’s what they get paid to do. But that’s not just at Emi, it’s all of our goal scorers, our wingers, our tens, our attacking players.

"We’ve got a lot of talent in the building but the reality is we’re not scoring enough goals of late, that’s what we’re expecting. We’re expecting them to push and score or create in big moments to put us in a better place in the league."  He's not singled anyone out but pointed to a flaw in the creavitiy and goal scoring department. Gerrard is pushing him to do better. It's not some conspiracy against him.

Emi has hardly had a look in ‘of late’. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Emi has hardly had a look in ‘of late’. 

He needs to come in and perform but the guys who don't perform I'm just going to continually play them no matter what but Emi needs to come in and get his numbers up and perform.

• Like 2

I’m not going to be happy when confirmed he’s not starting. I’m okay with Bailey getting a run it’s Coutinho I want Buendia in for.

Unfortunately Norwich are a usually so shit that Little Phil will shine today, cementing his place for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

As long as we win I couldn't moan about any player shining, even if I want Buendia to start

Got to think longer term than beating bottom of the league Norwich.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, useless said:

Something that really surprised me when he came in was the lack of awareness we seemed to have about what his role at Norwich was. Watch his highlights from last season, it’s getting the ball on the turn and slotting the ball through to Pukki mostly. It was as if none of our forwards were aware of this. He’s not a dribbler or pacey he just finds the right pass. I think Ings was better suited to his play initially and I can remember a few times him being set up for one on ones but not finishing. In terms of scoring goals himself, he does so much defensive work I find when we get the ball he’s never in dangerous areas you’d want a forward to be. But his return isn’t great for sure 

A quick look suggests the minutes he’s played this season equates to about eighteen “full” matches.

Two goals, four assists in that time. So a “goal contribution”, every three matches in what has been a fairly patchy season for all concerned at the club. It’s ok. 

Edited by Mark Albrighton

Â