Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

By all that is holy he should be the first name on the teamsheet next game. 

Write down Buendia and build the rest of the team around that. 

I'll start asking questions about Gerrard if he's on the bench again. 

Buendia was carrying a knock all week and only did light training on Thursday. Confirmed by Gerard in post match interview.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jim said:

Buendia was carrying a knock all week and only did light training on Thursday. Confirmed by Gerard in post match interview.

Fair enough! 

And they said Bailey had been amazing in training.

Guess this is why when we lose our nuts at team selection, we should take stock. Me included 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jim said:

If he had been 100% fit, it would have made no difference.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Fair enough! 

Guess this is why when we lose our nuts at team selection, we should take stock. Me included 

Some people train well but don't transfer it to the pitch. Be it psychological or whatever.

I'd tell Ings and Buendia they are starting every game between now and season end and for them to fill their boots.

I think they've often shown a great link up in their short runs and I have no idea why it's been binned.

Buendia's half turn and high risk passes forward and Ings movement are pretty much all I'd bank on atm scoring goals.

• Like 2

On 23/04/2022 at 21:55, Delphinho123 said:

I really worry for Buendia under Gerrard. He absolutely should be starting but if he isn’t now, will he be playing any more next year after we’ve spent a load more money? 

Its very worrying. Our most expensive player who was starting to show promise being frozen out because Gerrard cant figure out where to play him.  

7 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Somehow SG must get him and Coutinho in the same lineup at the same time.

A 4-2-3-1 would be the ideal way to achieve this IMO.

Buendia---------Coutinho-----------Bailey
----------------------Watkins----------------------

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A 4-2-3-1 would be the ideal way to achieve this IMO.

Buendia---------Coutinho-----------Bailey
----------------------Watkins----------------------

The problem with that formation is we don't have the defensive midfielders to play it. Ramsey and McGinn aren't good enough to make that work. If we sign Phillips and Bissouma then yeh, it's doable.

FWIW, I don't think Bailey should be anywhere near the starting line up at present. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The problem with that formation is we don't have the defensive midfielders to play it. Ramsey and McGinn aren't good enough to make that work. If we sign Phillips and Bissouma then yeh, it's doable.

FWIW, I don't think Bailey should be anywhere near the starting line up at present. 

I know it would never happen, but you wonder if you played that front four with Chambers and Nakamba as a double pivot whether it would work?

Either way I would like to see Emi featuring in the side, he’s looked good every time he’s come on since losing his place.

Edited by Woody1000

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I know it would never happen, but you wonder if you played that front four with Chambers and Nakamba as a double pivot whether it would work?

Either way I would like to see Emi featuring in the side, he’s looked good every time he’s come on since losing his place.

I agree. I think he'll start against Norwich alongside Coutinho though, which will be good to see. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spiezels said:

Fair enough! 

The training regime must be piss poor.

13 hours ago, AV82 said:

The training regime must be piss poor.

This also worries me. Stevie G coming out saying how sharp they are in training to then putting in lethargic and clueless performances having had good rest time between games. Anyway, Buendia has to play. He has shown much more than any other of our summer signings. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am probably in the minority here, but I prefer Buendia to Coutinha. We play so much better with Buendia in the side. And Buendia is the future.

I can see what you mean but if the lineup, formation and strategy is right, a team including both of them could be very effective and is what we should be aiming to make happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am probably in the minority here, but I prefer Buendia to Coutinha. We play so much better with Buendia in the side. And Buendia is the future.

No I agree. I think back to that first half away at Everton when he completely ran the show, and ended the half with that headed winner. I really think we should be playing him all the time. Particularly given his age and now that hes up to speed with the premier league.

• Like 2

Â