2020/2021 Villa Goal Of The Season

theboyangel

I’m going to be a bit different and say the Ollie goal against Liverklopp. I love the way he just coolly takes it. Showing no pressure against last year’s champions.

Yes Traore against West Brom

El Ghazi Palace
Barkley Leicester 

Barkley gets my vote. It was a good distance out and so late on. One of the highlights of the season

Edited by PaulC

Not on here it wasn't even that good a goal it took a ruddy deflection but McGinn's Vs Liverscum gave me the belief we're gonna win and it's the loudest,  longest I've ever celebrated a goal and I've been losing hair supporting Villa for 30 years. I had a sore throat longer than a hooker from Bangkok!

But out of the ones to select from are joint first Bertie Vs West Bromwich and McGinn Vs Palace two goals of beauty then in 2nd AEG Vs Everton.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

There is a fair bit of recency bias in there. Louie Barry's FA Cup goal should be in,  over McGinn's recent effort, for example. As nice as the technique and nonchalance of McGinn's was, it took a deflection and didn't quite have the panache that Traoré's did. Barry's has so much going for it as well as being a great strike. 

Some quality goals there and a good reminder for some that this season has had some great moments. Traore’s goals all have that little bit of magic about them, pure joy to watch. 

I really loved Watkins’ goal v Arsenal, just for the pace at which we broke from Martinez’s rolled out pass to Grealish, then Jack sending Bellerin flying, and Watkins’ perfect finish. When we attack with purpose, it’s a sight to behold. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I really loved Watkins’ goal v Arsenal, just for the pace at which we broke from Martinez’s rolled out pass to Grealish, then Jack sending Bellerin flying, and Watkins’ perfect finish. When we attack with purpose, it’s a sight to behold. 

This x10. Quick thinking by Emi, sublime from Jack, loved him shoving Bellerin aside and then a great finish from Ollie. Definitely my favourite.

• Like 1

I might be alone in this but I preferred Ollie's headed goal in the match at Arsenal, the pass from Luiz the first time controlled volley across from Barkley and headed finish from Watkins. It looked simple, but was three good bits of skill in one goal in my opinion.

• Like 1

I voted for Ollie's goal against Arsenal (a real team goal, the move began with Emi in our penalty area and ended with Ollie's crisp finish in their box, with a fantastic run from Jack in between). Bert's cool strike against WBA, ran it close which says a lot about how sweet that goal was. 

I agree that Barry would have been a contender (although he will have many other chances), as would have been a shot from a certain young substitute last night, had it not unluckily struck the post.   

bert in the cup is such a satisfying volley to watch, but I'd probably give it to Ollie v Liverpool with the context of the opponents. 

ollie v plop

bert v bristol

bert v baggies

Â