Match Thread: Villa v Man United

limpid

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

They just came back from being 2-1 down at Roma at 45 to win 6-2. This was Deano's job to keep their heads focused. It's clearly failed. 

I love what Deano is doing, but he clearly did not do his job here. Not even remotely. This is mental. 

Bored Disinterest GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Nakamba has done enough this season to warrant starting over Luiz, and I like the guy. Needs time out the first XI.

Luiz was our best player in the first half, it'd be an act of self harm to bring him off at this point.

It was always going to be difficult to hold on to a lead with 10 men. I'm not exaggerating, I could have done as much as Barkley has in this game. He is anonymous. I'd love to see a game where Traore plays where Barkley is playing, where he has less emphasis on chasing back and can play behind Watkins. 

Luiz makes stupid errors. He really does. I think his place is well up for grabs. He's admitted he hasn't been at it during the season and been left out from time to time. I think he may be one replaced in the starting lineup in the summer together with the Barkley position.