Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Brom

limpid

Match Polls  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/04/21 at 22:59

Just now, villa4europe said:

The frustrating thing was that they did the exact same thing to Watkins all over the pitch and he got nothing out of Attwell 

It was a dive, contact means foul, dive soft as shit penalty, horrible to see 

There’s no reason for Maitland-Niles to go down like that. It’s simulation. 

Mings was taken out twice and we didn’t get a penalty for it. 

52 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ref blew at 94:04 couldn't wait to help West Brom out once again.

Yeah, quite how a goal and substitution only adds 4 seconds to injury time is a mystery.  The most blatant of the obvious cheating that the ref did all game, and gives the game away that he either hates villa,  loves West Brom, or has money riding on the fact we didn't win that game.  Scandalous. 

Aside from a shocking ref, I'm annoyed Barkley started.  He didn't deserve it based on recent sub appearances,  irrespective of whatever his performances in training were this week.  The fact he actually played his best game in months is just a distraction from the fact he is a waste of space in our match day squad, in every sense of the word.

Ecstatic for Davis, never has a PL goal been more deserved than that.

Even more ecstatic for Wesley. Although it was a very short cameo, he had the strength to hold of their defenders to win a header and that alone gives me great confidence he can get back to where he was. 

Overall,  bad result,  heavily aided by the ref, but not a terrible performance.  The effort we showed in the final 10 mins does seem to contradict the theory that they're on the beach, but doesn't really explain why we've been so poor recently.

• Like 1

Read what most have said and disagree with a lot of it.

We were poor, especially in the middle of the park. Didn’t control the game. Ramsey and Davis were our best players when they came on. Both should be starting every match based on the performances of others.

Not happy with that in truth. Could have easily lost 4-1. Be better. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We were poor, especially in the middle of the park. Didn’t control the game. Ramsey and Davis were our best players when they came on. Both should be starting every match based on the performances of others.

Could also have won 2-0 (or more) if the ref hadn't been a cheat.

Football hey, you never get what you deserve, the bad decisions do not even themselves out, and everyone sees the same game differently.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Palace is the only game in the run in I think we have a chance of winning. We will do well to get 50 points.

I think that’s acceptable, considering our squad and our position last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

For 11 mins of football?

Fvck Emi Martinez I guess.

Davis changed the game. And his goal was by far the highlight of the game. So I think he deserves this, and no-one else came near.

Terrible again for me, frustrating  to watch and it must be a nightmare  to play in. Not sure why we are so shit but we need to sort it out before the end of the season.

The last thing we need is to start next season in this form.

• Like 1

Entertaining game and a better performance than in recent games but you have to take into account the standard of the opposition which when you do perhaps means it’s just as bad as it has been. 

positives: full backs played well; el ghazi looked lively and still has a role to play next season IMO; Watkins never stops, great to see Davis get his goal and so glad for Wesley 

negatives: traore awful again (twists and turns and never actually beats his man); midfield passed it better but still not good enough McGinn is so careless in possession; Barkley just go now mate - not fit enough and as a professional sportsman that can never be forgiven 

1 minute ago, southcoastvillan said:

Entertaining game and a better performance than in recent games but you have to take into account the standard of the opposition which when you do perhaps means it’s just as bad as it has been. 

positives: full backs played well; el ghazi looked lively and still has a role to play next season IMO; Watkins never stops, great to see Davis get his goal and so glad for Wesley 

negatives: traore awful again (twists and turns and never actually beats his man); midfield passed it better but still not good enough McGinn is so careless in possession; Barkley just go now mate - not fit enough and as a professional sportsman that can never be forgiven 

Burnley were bottom four today and tonked Wolves who are one place below us 4-1. 
We do have a tendency to underestimate opponents. 

Chelsea underestimated Baggies too and they got obliterated.

If they had played like they did today all season, no way they would be where they are in the league (as much as I can’t stand Big Sam).

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Could also have won 2-0 (or more) if the ref hadn't been a cheat.

Football hey, you never get what you deserve, the bad decisions do not even themselves out, and everyone sees the same game differently.

Am I the only one who gets bored with reading about how the ref was biased against us whenever we played badly? 

It is a well-established fact that the fans of every club think they get a raw deal from the ref.

The reality is you have to overcome the bits of bad luck that happen in every game. 

Not sure how you make out it could have been 2-0 by the way. Unless you are alleging the “cheating” ref somehow caused Konsa to slip?

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fwiw...I agree

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Davis changed the game. And his goal was by far the highlight of the game. So I think he deserves this, and no-one else came near.

It was novel to see a player come on with a bit of aggression.....thats what got him his goal.

• Like 1

Â