Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Brom

limpid

Match Polls  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/04/21 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, AXD said:

I get that people are nervous during a match, but the exaggeration is staggering. Smith out, player X is the worst footballer ever,...

we conceded a penalty and an own goal after a slip up.  We dominated possession, passes, chances,... So we’re unlucky not to win imo

Our keeper is comfortably man of the match and we're unlucky not to win.  I genuinely can't see how those two stack up... 

Edited by allani
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AXD said:

I get that people are nervous during a match, but the exaggeration is staggering. Smith out, player X is the worst footballer ever,...

we conceded a penalty and an own goal after a slip up.  We dominated possession, passes, chances,... So we’re unlucky not to win imo

You watched a different game to me.

The fact that Emi won MOTM says a lot I think!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

On the baggies second goal was I the only one wondering why mings backed off for so long and let the guy get 8 yards from goal before pressing him. I don’t see that goal as unlucky I see it as poor defending 

Spot on. Poor from Mings

A point against a team in the bottom 3 isn't much to celebrate despite the late goal. 2 wins out of 10 for our manager now without Jack. Everyone harps back to our form pre-January but that's irrelevant. Our form since January is shocking.

I think he'll get next season, but I really feel we've hit a glass ceiling under Smith. I'd be very surprised if he could take us any further and we could actually go backwards next season which is what I'm worried about most of all.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Mate, this is a team that's only won 5 games all season, it's not F&&& Man City!!!!

Isn't that the point though? We're not F&&& Man City either mate. Pretty F&&& far from it. 

Just now, barry'sboots said:

You watched a different game to me.

The fact that Emi won MOTM says a lot I think!!

Agree totally. 

and West Bum spent the second half behind the ball to try and hold on to their lead. A very poor performance on the whole (again)

• Like 1

The 2 weekest players bar mcginn come off and we look dangerous.

No surprises there then !

Traore should have been off after 45 minutes at best

Barkley should have been off after 45 minutes. Yes for him he played better but that's like saying dog dirt tastes nicer that cat shit.

Between mginn and barkley we literally lost or simply gave the ball back I would guess 15 to 20 times ? Maybe more ?

Utter shambles.

Barkley and traore on the same pitch ? Seriously ? I thought we had stopped this nonsense of having our two laziest players both starting.

Again very little surprise once the 2 slow mo merchants are no longer on the itch we have several good chances in a short space of time.

Very poor from deans to persist with lazy players who really do nothing but change our entire shape from an attacking team to a slomo passback weak team.

Well done Davis for getting that first goal, it had to happen at some point and having 2 aggressive players in the top half got us out of that mess in 10 minutes. We would have played all night and not scored again with traore and dross still on the pitch.

Mgginn ? Wtf has happened? In 5 months he's gone from a 15 to 25 million player to what we paid for him.

He's done a barkley, started great and gone to dog dirt.

Wes getting a few minutes was nice to see and a game of 2 halves for ezri, some great defending but directly at fault for their terrible penalty ( ours was soft too) and great control then a slip, mingsesque.

Target and emi the best we had today, not great against a poor team.

Worst I've seen us play for a while for 70 minutes, we were shocking with the amount of poor decisions poor passing and negative elmo type play thanks to traore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Watkins looks like he can't quite find the click that he had earlier in the year, I'm delighted for Davis with his goal, he gives you all he's got, a pity that Wesley's header didn't sneak in for the fairytale finish.

I don't think Ollie is fully fit. His header to setup Keinan though deserves full credit. Poor guy was mandled the entire game and got little protection from the ref.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If Grealish picked up a long term injury at the start of the season we'd be in serious trouble.

Should concern anyone.

I don’t know how many times people have to say it but if any team lost £100m plus of talent then they’d struggle. To put it on terms of today’s game you’d probably have to take out the entire Albion first eleven for them to be missing the same value of players as us just missing Jack.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

People talking about replacing smith? :lol:

I’m avoiding the Dean Smith thread like the plague. Fickle.

I think you're looking for a different word. It's not fickle if the same people have been saying it for a long time.

FWIW I adore Dean Smith. I think he's a good manager. Unfortunately good is not going to be enough to take us where we want to get to as a club. 

There's no easy solution and I don't think there's an obvious candidate for who could take us on and take us further, but that doesn't mean that Dean is immune from criticism and just gets unwavering support when he makes daft decisions and/or his gameplans don't work.

I've said it before: he is a good, but very limited, manager.

• Like 2

Davis scored!!!!!!

Fook me I'm off for a lap of Walsall naked. Great to see Wesley come on late felt he had 5/10 minutes in him today. I thought Watkins looked lively once Davis came on.

We were slopp and for a long time have said McGinn isn't good enough for the top 12 of the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Referee was a laughable abomination.

Yet 5 people so far think he was good or very good.

what are they on?

spacer.png

• Like 3

Â