Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Brom

limpid

Match Polls  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/04/21 at 22:59

image.gif.cf75f9c5816234495e81a3468d23ff65.gif

Saved it at the death. Crap ref, cheating Tesco bags and Dean ‘waiting for the pennies to drop before making a sub’ Smith. But as always the players on the pitch look like they put their boots on the wrong feet then wonder why they play like they have wandering brain. Our own worst enemy sometimes. 

• Like 2

Weird game. Probably the best we've been in terms of possession in ages, but still sloppy and unfocused at times. Also terribly unlucky with bounces and slips and bars and a dodgy ref, but I can't help but feel if we'd wanted it as much as we did in the last 10 minutes or so, we'd have won comfortably. MOTM either Emi or KD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have given Dean some stick recently but we were much better today in my view, albeit against a truly woeful team who were there for the taking. There were green shoots of a half decent performance in there. Difficult to tell how much of it was down to WBA being awful and of course we failed to win again!!

I still think that there’s hope for the next match after that. Although, I just can’t wait for the season to end. There has never been another season in my lifetime so polarised by quality of first half/second half. 

We played decent enough considering. Unlucky with the pen and Konsa slip. We created much more than them- Johnstone played well. Its nice to see us scoring lots of late goals for once this season. 

McGinn cannot continue playing that deeper role he gives the ball away so often and we’re in trouble. Was a strange game seeing Konsa falling below his standard, Martinez got away with a few of those palms he did into the air.

Losing would have been tragic so glad in the end to get the point- dont think we’ve lost 3 on the spin all season. 

Lets pray again tonight for good health to our capitano

• Like 1

We all saw it and I think we all agree that the push came when Davis came on, Why cant Dean see it and start with this team earlier. Near enough how we finished the Fulham game. Yet we had to wait until 80 mins to do it again

Its bloody obvious 

• Thanks 2

Just now, AXD said:

I get that people are nervous during a match, but the exaggeration is staggering. Smith out, player X is the worst footballer ever,...

we conceded a penalty and an own goal after a slip up.  We dominated possession, passes, chances,... So we’re unlucky not to win imo

We were massively handicapped by the ref today. Countless decisions went against us. He couldn't wait to blow the final whistle.

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

He didnt hide and kept pushing us forward. Luiz is a holding player when we were going for the win so dont get the controvesy about taking him off. 

Because he let JJ do the defensive midfield work and gave McGinn room to play up top. Once again, why can't Smith see that McGinn is an attacking midfielder and, especially while Gresford is out, he MUST play up top where he can make things happen ?

2 minutes ago, AXD said:

I get that people are nervous during a match, but the exaggeration is staggering. Smith out, player X is the worst footballer ever,...

we conceded a penalty and an own goal after a slip up.  We dominated possession, passes, chances,... So we’re unlucky not to win imo

I think it’s the lack ideas and creativity that annoys people and the slow build up play and poor decision making with poor movement thrown in for good measure 

1 minute ago, AXD said:

Mate, this is a team that's only won 5 games all season, it's not F&&& Man City!!!!

• Like 1

Â