Breakaway League

Jareth

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

EA Sports gonna be on suicide watch. 

they're in the shit anyway, string of clubs want to go the way of piemonte 

FM too which i think was going one step further with some bullshit lawsuit from man utd

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This shit makes me angrier than the proposal itself.

Don't **** pretend this is for the fans. Don't patronise us. Own it if you're doing it. Don't create some sort of disgusting masquerade that this is what fans want.

**** words removed

It is for the fans its just that he doesn't mean fans like us who go to watch the games. These so called "legacy" fans don't matter one bit. This is for those social media fans who follow 3 big teams or for those Messi, Ronaldo or whoever fan boys who will change their team at the drop of the hat.

Like it or not there's millions and millions of people who watch football to see the big teams and the big players face off. For these people who have no actual affinity to their clubs as they live nowhere near the stadium and never intend to actually attend a game the chance to watch their beloved Manchester United against teams like Real Madrid and AC Milan every week rather than Burnley or Norwich this is the dream.

If Man United or whoever then have the option to sell this to these millions of people that would pay to watch it then the clubs will make more money of the back of these "fans" than they would from those who go to games.

Unfortunately the "fans" that they are talking about are far more numerous than the actual fans who attend games so from a purely business perspective it is better to target games at this audience. The fact that this completely destroys football as it has always been is completely irrelevant to the businessmen making this decision.

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It’s quite good having a big, national breaking news story that is actually interesting to discuss on a Monday though isn’t it.

my tv hasn't been on in the mornings for 2 weeks now...sky sports news was straight on today

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

It is for the fans its just that he doesn't mean fans like us who go to watch the games. These so called "legacy" fans don't matter one bit. This is for those social media fans who follow 3 big teams or for those Messi, Ronaldo or whoever fan boys who will change their team at the drop of the hat.

Like it or not there's millions and millions of people who watch football to see the big teams and the big players face off. For these people who have no actual affinity to their clubs as they live nowhere near the stadium and never intend to actually attend a game the chance to watch their beloved Manchester United against teams like Real Madrid and AC Milan every week rather than Burnley or Norwich this is the dream.

If Man United or whoever then have the option to sell this to these millions of people that would pay to watch it then the clubs will make more money of the back of these "fans" than they would from those who go to games.

Unfortunately the "fans" that they are talking about are far more numerous than the actual fans who attend games so from a purely business perspective it is better to target games at this audience. The fact that this completely destroys football as it has always been is completely irrelevant to the businessmen making this decision.

Yep I agree. He even says it's for fans that don't even like football.

It's horrible

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yes, much worse - and those revised rules are awful. This is an order away from that.

In my opinion, this 'Super League' is exactly where UEFA were intending to take the CL. The new rules just read like a watered down version. I'm sure it was eventually coming, just in iterations to make it more palatable to the average fan. 

Even in it's current state, the English league isn't actually competitive, is it. Our owners have invested £200m+ and we are years away from challenging for the league. We can hark on about the 'football pyramid' all day - but there are already glass ceilings littered throughout that you can only break by huge sums of money. Salford have flown through the divisions because they had the biggest budget in them all, what is special about that. 

I appreciate if this shake-up goes ahead it means that the big 6 will likely never change - so I get the frustration. I'm annoyed too. I'm just wondering if there is really such a big disparity between what it will become (i.e. 'it's impossible to break the top 6 fullstop') vs. what it is today (ie. 'it's possible to break the top 6 if you have £1bn quid').

3 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

He was talking about reducing games as well to make the non fans more into it :D 

14 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

A return to the dark ages of football? I'm in.

aston villa

Yes, clubs need to stick to their base support at this time, and must not allow this Super League to gain any suction.

• Haha 1

Just now, penguin said:

You know what if these lot do **** off as long as they take VAR and Mike Dean with them I can live with it.

Mike Dean is perfect for it! Soulless 0-0 exhibition match? **** no, it's reffed by Mike Dean, 9 yellow cards and 2 reds!

1 minute ago, penguin said:

You know what if these lot do **** off as long as they take VAR and Mike Dean with them I can live with it.

El Clasico with Mike Dean and Jon Moss on VAR could be actually a decent watch 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Yes, clubs need to stick to their base support at this time, and must not allow this Super League to gain any suction.

I forgot Stephen Ireland sat with the fans that time.

Â