Breakaway League

Jareth

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I really hope that these 2 don’t get leaner punishments just because they folded to peer pressure sooner.

There won’t be any punishment for any of the 12 clubs.

• Like 1

Just now, meregreen said:

Sourness is right. The managers and players were deliberately kept out of the loop. Plenty have stood up and condemned this. The owners are a different matter. 

The clubs should be punished though. So no one will ever do this again.

1 minute ago, smg said:

Just seen a Chelsea fan on bbc news saying they have saved english football !!! They should be relegated along with the rest. 

ffs we're gonna have this for weeks aren't we.

honestly i'd rather they all had just **** off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Just seen a Chelsea fan on bbc news saying they have saved english football !!! They should be relegated along with the rest. 

at least its not Liverpool fans is all I can say :D 

As much as I’d love them get punished and they deserve to be punished, it’s kind of pointless. No fine will so much as dent their bank balance so it would have to be a points deduction. If that happens they will appeal and whatever and it will drag on for months.

Everyone sees them for the scum they are and no one will ever forget what they did. That’s punishment enough. I’d love to see them banned from Europe for a couple of years though.

5 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Sourness is right. The managers and players were deliberately kept out of the loop. Plenty have stood up and condemned this. The owners are a different matter. 

Well, the club needs to be punished. But that will trickle down on players.

No European football next season? Less money and prestige for players.

Points deducted? Less chance of winning anything.

If anything, players should be made aware that if they join a rotten business they might face consequences, so I'd think twice before accepting 100k from Man U rather than 70k from Everton.

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

There won’t be any punishment for any of the 12 clubs.

They haven’t really done anything tbh. The threatened to go off on their own and then immediately backed down. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

They haven’t really done anything tbh. The threatened to go off on their own and then immediately backed down. 

they didn't threaten. they contractually committed to it. it's going to be a legal nightmare for them to 'back down' on this

• Like 1

Â