Breakaway League

Jareth

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Let’s spare a thought for the lawyers by the way guys, just imagine what they’ve been going through the last 2 days. Thoughts and prayers.

Yep counting the money they are making and overcharging for something they know is going nowhere.  They are laughing all the way to the bank

35 minutes ago, trekka said:

BBC are on form:

Chelsea are playing a game of football by the way.

It's against Brighton. It's not in the European Super League. It's in the Premier League. You know, the one we all watch.

There's no crossing of borders needed. The match is 90 minutes long and not shortened to appease those who prefer clips.

Yeah I know. Going to watch it MOTD later😁

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lets be honest this failure is one if footballs great disasters. Ive seen better organised Villa defences over the years 

Levy gone will be the icing on the cake

yes doomed to failure from the beginning. 

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Even if this is dead there must be consequences. This cannot be parked for a while to change it's name and get a better marketing position. There has to be meaningful punishment.

Just because you bottled it doesn't mean you didn't try.

It wouldn't feel right to punish the supporters of these clubs by point deductions or being kicked out of Cups. What needs to happen is for the owners to fined up to their eyeballs and/or forced to sell and never be able to buy a football club in Britain ever again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If they qualify for Europa League (below 4th and cup) or Champions League phase (assume 3rd or 4th) and that’s only if they are the highest co-efficient.  So they would need to earn a European place via league or cup and then have the highest coefficient in recent seasons.  So if it ends up both Munich and Liverpool have bad seasons but claim the lowest level of European qualifying in the prior season, then (although I don’t know the calc on the coefficient) Munich would edge them out for that spot.

To be fair, it almost always gonna be an English team. 

Not sure Chelsea and Man City should be commended for backing out of something that was so obviously going to be a huge business **** up!

Honestly what goes through these peoples heads to think signing up for something like this would be a good idea... and they earn fortunes to make these decisions, shocking. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok now this is over and can we  go back to all arguing whether smith is lying to us about jacks injury?

Well we need to blame somebody at Villa for the Super League idea first. Was it Smith or Barkley 😛

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

If Liverpool finished 5th this season and missed out on qualifying for the champions league they would be given a spot in it anyway. However if we finished 5th we would not be allowed in and will go into the Europa League instead. 

It’s a bunch of shit.

Correct, if they had the highest coefficient of recent former teams.  Like I said if it was them and Munich who were both 5th (I know they aren’t ) then I think Munich are ahead in the coefficient so Munich gets the spot and Liverpool continue into the Europa League.  If Liverpool and RB Leipzig then Liverpool are higher and Liverpool get in and RB Leipzig go to the Europa league.

It’s not great but given where we were yesterday it’s all we can hope for.

Â