Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Just now, villa4europe said:

Harsh

We have some poor players playing poorly + our decent players have also packed up for the year

When was the last time Luiz or traore did anything of note? 

Not on Smith imo 

Are we saying traore and luiz are bad players? They are not both have shown they can mix it up at this level esp luiz.

Smith still has mcginn barkley watkins aeg. Its simply excuses not blaming smith. He has to take responsibility too!

Fulham are up for it and we're just not quite there. I don't think it's been a bad performance but it really looks like there's something missing. Not just Jack, we just don't look like we have any idea how to break through a defence that doesn't want to let us.

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

It is on Smith. Rightly or wrongly the head coach is accountable for resultsm

Absolutely is. Again, highest net spenders in the league (and actually most of Europe!) over last 2 seasons. 
smith is definitely not getting the best out of these players 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Harsh

We have some poor players playing poorly + our decent players have also packed up for the year

Not on Smith imo 

If he can't motivate his players to perform, there's a problem, isn't there?

I'd be pretty happy with a midtable finish, but I'm alarmed at how poor we've looked against Newcastle Fulham and Sheffield United in recent weeks. It's not good enough at all, there should be enough in this team to not look shit against relegation candidates. 

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I dunno, my comment wasn't aimed at you. We have looked toothless going forward since the COVID outbreak really. But I don't think asking for a shot on target is too much to ask tbh.

I know mate it wasnt. Im not having a go at you at all just saying i want to see more 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Harsh

Not on Smith imo 

So whose job is it to tell our decent players that the season isn't over yet?

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

No, you said we recruited poorly. I asked which players you thought were poor that we recruited.

Based on our compete lack of creativity since Grealish has been out Traore, Elghazi, Sansome, Barkley, Trezeguet.  Not one has stepped up to the plate. Despite spending £200m since promotion, without Jack we still look like at best a circling the drain club and at worse a relegation candidate.  Our defence is the only thing keeping us from oblivion without Jack. 

In short I question our recruitment on most attacking players. 

• Like 1

We get worse every game 

nothing on that bench that is going to give us a spark 

worrying that losing one player can have so much impact , lots of work to do in the summer 

Just now, TRO said:

This is dog breath football.....not at all easy on the eye.

We just don't have a plan b. Not just Smith but the players too. For me it's down to poor midfield but it will come.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Harsh

Not on Smith imo 

Its up to Smith to get the best out of his players.

To say poor performances are not on the manager is like saying a company failing to make money is the the fault of the manager - of course it is!

Completely toothless and insipid performance.  Can't see us winning another game this season.

• Like 2