Pre-Match Thread

blunther

There's seems to be an idea that they have a good defence, but only West Brom, Newcastle, Southampton and Leeds have conceded more goals, and even then Newcastle, Southampton and Leeds have all conceded just one more goal than them. They have one of worst defences in the league, only Albion's is significantly worse. They've also only kept one clean sheet all season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

There's seems to be an idea that they have a good defence, but only West Brom, Newcastle, Southampton and Leeds have conceded more goals, and even then Newcastle, Southampton and Leeds have all conceded just one more goal than them. They have one of worst defences in the league, only Albion's is significantly worse. They've also only kept one clean sheet all season.

Yes they concede an average 0f 1.65 goals a game and they score 0.57 goals a game so 2-0 would be a great score-line for us. 

• Like 1

I've a feeling that it's either going to be another of those frustrating games like against Brighton and Burnley which we should win but somehow don't, or we'll beat them by a big scoreline, maybe our biggest victory of the season.

Edited by useless

37 minutes ago, useless said:

I've a feeling that it's either going to be another of those frustrating games like against Brighton and Burnley which we should win but somehow don't, or we'll beat them by a big scoreline, maybe our biggest victory of the season.

forget the big scoreline......10-0 or 1-0 you only get 3 points.

They are fighting for their lives....it will be a hard game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

We'll keep one for them.

7 hours ago, useless said:

That hawkeye didn't work wasn't our fault or responsibility, so we had no obligation to let them score, was completely different to the Leeds situation, they let us score to right a wrong, a wrong that they themselves were responsible for.

And consider this: how do we know that the ball crossed the line, out of the two technologies why should we trust the television images over hawkeye.

No matter anyway the ball did not cross the line And nobody is telling me any different

• Like 1

9 hours ago, useless said:

That hawkeye didn't work wasn't our fault or responsibility, so we had no obligation to let them score, was completely different to the Leeds situation, they let us score to right a wrong, a wrong that they themselves were responsible for.

And consider this: how do we know that the ball crossed the line, out of the two technologies why should we trust the television images over hawkeye.

Tbf if the game had nothing at stake in terms of league position for either team we might have considered giving them a goal. But when a team is fighting for survival where every point counts there is no team in the world that is given the opposition a goal in that situation. That includes Sir Marcelo Bielsa!!

Another club that absolutely bloody hates us and I don't know why. Add to the list alongside Leeds, west ham, Newcastle . I don't get it 

Tough game for sure tonight, will absolutely snap your hand off for a 1-0 win. Just hope we are motivated and there's no complacency. Sheff united will be pretty physical I'd imagine, certainly the front players will work hard even if they aren't prolific. Need to be at it to bring home the points..

Sheffield United 0-1 Aston Villa

Edited by Mjvilla

Very apprehensive about tonight. I dunno why, they are bottom and absolute dog but it's the typical game we'd rock up and lose. 

A win and a European push will seem a real possibility. 

He's gotta stick with El Ghazi in the side tonight, this is the exact type of game he'd get the winner in again. 

I think they have a few injury problems at the back, so going for a 2-1 Villa win 🤞

Edited by UpTheVilla26

It's got nothing to do with what was at stake with regards to us not giving Sheffield United a goal, if hawkeye makes a mistake that's not our fault, in the same way if the referee makes a mistake that leads to a goal, the team that it benefits shouldn't have to give the other team a goal.

Us against Leeds was different, they gave us a goal because it was they that were in the wrong in the first place. If hawkeye was to make a mistake Bielsa wouldn't give the opposition a goal regardless of what was at stake, nor would any manager, because it's not their or their teams responsibility.

This is by the by, but there's a good chance that players wouldn't even know if the ball had crossed the line or not in the heat of match, not that that matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Another club that absolutely bloody hates us and I don't know why. Add to the list alongside Leeds, west ham, Newcastle . I don't get it 

Can't see this changing.

I'd recon there is a lot of resentment towards us from other clubs.

We really won the lottery ticket with these owners. Clubs just watching us spending away with an open wallet and seeing us climbing the table.

It's difficult to take when other clubs fans feels this should be them, but they know deep down they can't compete with us.

Edited by villalad21

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can't see this changing.

I'd recon there is a lot of resentment towards us from other clubs.

We really won the lottery ticket with these owners. Clubs just watching us spending away with an open wallet and seeing us climbing the table.

It's difficult to take when other clubs fans feels this should be them, but they know deep down they can't compete with us.

As far as I’m aware they can. Their tv revenue is the same as ours.  Their owners just choose not to.