Match Thread: Villa v Leicester

limpid

12 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Yes, but so easily avoided with a different starting 11.

DS is sleepwalking at the moment.  Picking his favourites without considering the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition.  Completely ridiculous.

Tbh, I don't think DS has ever considered the strengths and weakness of the opposition when picking his team. Same with subs too. It always feels like he is picking his best/favorite team in general without optimizing against particular opposition. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I said get a grip because you said defending Smith is in denial. 

I'll never get why you lot have always been so desperate to criticise him.

"You lot"

"Desperate to criticise"

You know, sometimes when enough individuals disagree with you, you have to start wondering if maybe you're the one who is wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We are getting overrun in midfield.

Dominated.

Why is not Smith doing anything to rectify this?

Exact same patterns against Brighton. Onlt difference is they didn't put their chances away

Not just Brighton either, this is the 7th or 8th in a row where our midfield has lost the battle

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We are but leicester had a midweek game yet look like they are fresher and have more energy.

The team performance has been aa qe all expected 

Fresh team selection and tactics were needed. 

I said it at the time and I say it again. The expectation that we would come back after a huge covid outbreak and carry on as if it hadn't happened was crazy. Throw in the Cash and Jack injuries and there we have it. 

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

"You lot"

"Desperate to criticise"

You know, sometimes when enough individuals disagree with you, you have to start wondering if maybe you're the one who is wrong.

Enough individuals? What the same 6 or 7 who have criticised him since he got here? Yeah I'm not convinced.

Just now, DCJonah said:

I said get a grip because you said defending Smith is in denial. 

I'll never get why you lot have always been so desperate to criticise him.

Look at my past posts and I’ve never been quick to have a go at Dean, and I am obviously still fully behind him as manager, but he has to figure this stuff out, cos it was painfully horribly obvious what the result of this team selection would be. Even to me as a mere fan drinking rum in my kitchen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We are getting overrun in midfield.

Dominated.

Why is not Smith doing anything to rectify this?

Exact same patterns against Brighton. Onlt difference is they didn't put their chances away

Exactly we dont have a midfield and then Traore offers absolutely zero as well.