Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

16 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well he's young isn't he like 20, so it's like when Watkins starts getting on abit we may sell Watkins and then Alvarez is position as the future.

Would Avarez come though?

Anything is better than Wesley and Davis at the moment.

Alvarez fits the ball, we could have a genuine star on our hands that we can develop and ease in. He can cover all attacking positions too.

Our 2 Emis will help him settle in, no problem.

Yes, he could succeed Ollie eventually… maybe even Jack… he’s only 21 and has huge potential. Already capped by Argentina.

Been compared to Gary Shaw… he’s not going to cost a lot and his value will rise massively, if he’s a success here (I don’t doubt he would be)

We don’t want or need a typical CF (e.g. a Darren Bent type), plus the game seems to have moved on from that kind of player. 

Part of the reason Ollie is so good is because he has a more all round and developed game or skillset (after playing as a winger too), coupled with his energy and work rate…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I would hope we’d score lots of goals!

I think more realistically I’d like to see:

Watkins

Grealish-Buendia-McNeil 

Sanson/McGinn-Luiz/Nakamba

Target-Mings-Konsa-Cash

King Martinez

With a fairly fluid line behind Watkins and Traore rotating heavily through those spots too.

Surely that would be McNeil-Grealish-Buendia behind Watkins

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Alvarez fits the ball, we could have a genuine star on our hands that we can develop and ease in. He can cover all attacking positions too.

Our 2 Emis Weill help him settle in, no problem.

Yes, he could succeed Ollie eventually… maybe even Jack… he’s only 21 and has huge potential. Already capped by Argentina.

Been compared to Gary Shaw… he’s not going to cost a lot and his value will rise massively, if he’s a success here (I don’t doubt he would be)

We don’t want or need a typical CF (e.g. a Darren Bent type), plus the game seems to have moved on from that kind of player. 

Part of the reason Ollie is so good is because he has a more all round and developed game or skillset (after playing as a winger too), coupled with his energy and work rate…

cinema faint GIF by DASDING

😉

22 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Reason why I put Buendia behind Grealish is because of how he can intercept and has a control on the game.

Iyes we have Sanson to come back but he's going to be another who's a question mark like Wesley as it at the moment and I'm unsure about him also. I mean Sanson stated himself he found it extremely hard to evolve to the premier level difficulty and that's my concern the fact he openly came out and stated that. Yet I hope he goes away and comes back the player the squad and club needs him to be.

I think Luiz and Nakamba are going to remain our CDMs and that's okay with me as I don't have as many concerns like others do in that department. I feel a knock on effect happening where we actually keep the ball longer in the final third and because of ball retention our CDMs sent put into action so much so fast and stressed out.

Back to Buendia but I would actually place him between our CDM and CAM, he seems very good at control, intercepting and retaining a ball.

Would be lovely to see Bailey come in but given the off chance he's not and it's media rubbish then I'd gladly see Pereira, Mcneil come in and be used on the forward line. I think we'd have one very quick lightning team with McNeil and Pereira on the wings with Jack back center and Buendia playing behind him, we may find we'd retain the ball alot better and control games way more.

It's all just thought anyway and most likely won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing if that would work or not mate.

I mean I wouldn’t say no if it worked - my concern would be it takes away from some of Buendia’s best assets in the final third and he’s a willing defender but I’m not sure he’s got the finesse to consistently break up the play without drawing cards.

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Man United are signing Varane, could that mean Tuanzebe to us? I don’t know

Happily have him as a replacement for Engels, would be a great squad option and still huge potential to kick on.

5 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Surely that would be McNeil-Grealish-Buendia behind Watkins

I imagine it would rotate, but as a starting point McNeil is a left footer so he would play RW in Smith’s system. Buendia is predominately right footed but is decent enough on both feet so he could play anywhere across. And Jack would primarily rotate LW and CAM.

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Gotta feel sorry for Phil Jones, had his confidence shattered to the point he even declined a testimonial game at Man U as he felt no one would be interested anyway.

With that said this is why I would not want him here. He's a shadow of the player he could have been.

is tha true about his confidence

5 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

is tha true about his confidence

Jones signed a new four-year contract in 2019, a deal that entitles him to a testimonial in 2021 after a decade of service to United. However, according to Daniel Taylor, writing in The Athletic, the defender did not request a testimonial. He flatly ruling out the prospect of staging the game as he did not believe he was popular enough among fans of the club. 

“Jones, however, was acutely aware of his flagging popularity and, when the option of asking for a testimonial was brought up, he decided against it.

“He also has a nice line in self-deprecating humour (which is probably for the best right now) and if anyone asks whether there will be a testimonial he tends to turn the joke on himself. ‘Apart from my mum and dad,’ he will say, ‘who else would turn up?'”

Taylor also writes that Jones is aware that he has become a figure of fun for some on social media.

“The people who are closest to him say he is only human and that of course it gets to him, particularly when he also has to think about the effect on his wife, Kaya, and his parents, Mark and Helen, and what his daughter, Alaria, will make of it when she is old enough to read.”

https://punditarena.com/football/robredmond/phil-jones-testimonial-manchester-united/

Social media is grim.

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

A top quality defensive midfielder is the only thing missing. We will really push the top 6 if we get Bailey and a DM. 

Agree with this we could reach those positions definitely, seeing talk of  Anthony Martial now linked, wouldn't bother his attitude and application to the game is abysmal, yet he is very talented and has reached nowhere near his potential unfortunately.

Wejust need to get Bailey deal done and fast!!! And try for Zakaria while were at it, not sure what happened to Julian Alvarez but i think hes someone we would get if the Bailey transfer doesn’t get done.

Anyway fingers crossed 🤞🏽... what does everyone think we will do regarding central midfield would we play Buendia or Grealish there and sign a winger or have them play on either wing

45 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Can't wait to see who we sign purely to better understand how we plan on lining up. Seems to be a lot of debate about where Buendia and Grealish will play. In truth I imagine they'll move across the attacking third throughout matches. Based on my presumption (read: hope) that we'll get Bailey, I'd like to see:

lineup.png

I think Bailey will play on the right.  I also think that Grealish will play on the left.  Leaving Emi starting more central.  But like you say I think all three will have a licence to roam.  I hope that means that Watkins can stay more central and not have to run down the channels quite as much but if he does drift wide then with one of BBG breaking into the central position he has more chance of picking up a few assists too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Hope Tuanzebe as improved, he looked poor in a United shirt when he was given the chance. 

Except when he pocketed Mbappe like a child in the UCL. Absolutely incredible performance and I’d love him back here, reckon he’d thrive in a more positive environment. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Can't wait to see who we sign purely to better understand how we plan on lining up. Seems to be a lot of debate about where Buendia and Grealish will play. In truth I imagine they'll move across the attacking third throughout matches. Based on my presumption (read: hope) that we'll get Bailey, I'd like to see:

lineup.png

Interesting you have Sanson over Mcginn 🤨... i see it as Bailey on the right with Buendia in the middle and grealish on the left .. thats how i would play and maybe push for a solid DM who can charge us up

• Like 1