Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, hippo said:

I think European football is a massive ask next season in any case.

And me, this will be a marathon not a sprint 

We need 3 or 4 more players, doesn't mean all of them will come in this window 

Just keep progressing, I think by the time we get europe the likes of Chuk and Barry will be starting in it 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think they've both improved their squads already and spurs seem to be willing to move on a lot of dead wood. 

I think Everton look like they'll struggle to finish higher than last year and with Europe West ham should drop. But any thoughts of us leap frogging multiple teams because we signed Buendia and Young is very premature. 

I’ve said a million times on here that I only watch Villa so I caveat ever post with the fact that I only see opposition team twice a season. But I have a Spurs mad bloke in the office and he is really concerned about the season ahead. He said the defender they have just sold (not even go to try and spell his name) has been their best defender by a country mile. 

Buendia is an amazing addition to the team, but expecting the Europa League this season will still be a tough ask at this point.  We need at least another 2 signings of Grealish/Buendia/Martinez quality before we should be "expecting" European football before we've even kicked a ball in anger.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think European football is a massive ask next season in any case.

I think it’s achievable. However, it’ll take a lot of things to all go well. We won’t be sitting in the European places for most of the season though.

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Won’t qualify for Europe?

Ok, win the FA Cup. Next season, win the Europa league.

Following season?

spacer.png

If we won the Champions League they'd instantly change the rules so that we couldn't qualify again.

Just like that time when we won't the Nextgen competition and they changed it so that only clubs with their first team in the Champions League could enter. That really made me angry when they pulled that move.

England has 7 spots in Europe that can become 8 (possibly 9?) depending on cup wins in Europe and domestic. We can absolutely finish 8th or 9th if we get it right so Europe is not impossible with a few additions. 

I would love for this to happen even if it's just this new Conference League. But I have a feeling some are expecting even more than this.

Just now, Mazrim said:

I don't see how Spurs or Arsenal are stronger. Maybe Nuno will click. We'll see.

Arsenal have signed 3 new players and I think Ben White makes them stronger. 

Spurs have signed a couple and having a proper manager has to be an improvement on the shit show they were last year. 

I'm not that convinced either of them are going to drop massively next year.

My hopes are Everton, Leeds and West Ham. I think we have more chance of taking over them but we will need more. 

Just now, sne said:

England has 7 spots in Europe that can become 8 (possibly 9?) depending on cup wins in Europe and domestic. We can absolutely finish 8th or 9th if we get it right so Europe is not impossible with a few additions. 

I would love for this to happen even if it's just this new Conference League. But I have a feeling some are expecting even more than this.

Like me. My predicted finish last season was 8/9th, and with Jack fit the whole time I think we'd have got it. So, next season: 5th. You heard it here first.

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

I think the conference league would give an excellent chance to our youngsters, it's shit for the first team that qualify for it for us to then use youngsters but the majority of Arsenal's good kids have broke through via the EL, I'm sure Chelsea did the same the year they were in it

We play the 5th ranked in ukraine you'd like to think at least half the team would be from the academy

It would be huge for us

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And me, this will be a marathon not a sprint 

We need 3 or 4 more players, doesn't mean all of them will come in this window 

Just keep progressing, I think by the time we get europe the likes of Chuk and Barry will be starting in it 

I feel like we can achieve top 6 with two more buendia level signings and good luck with injuries. 

Just now, sne said:

Maybe Lange likes Az?

Maybe but he's been loaned straight to a league 2 side, that's unusual. 

Especially given his age and that we have younger players appearing in first team games in pre season. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Maybe but he's been loaned straight to a league 2 side, that's unusual. 

Especially given his age and that we have younger players appearing in first team games in pre season. 

Yeah almost like we're planning on flipping him, signed for a nominal fee but we think next summer someone will chuck us a couple of million for him

Nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose 

• Like 1