Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

McBurnie has been woeful for Sheffield United in the premier league, their fans constantly cite him as an example of how poor they've been in the transfer market. Seven goals in fifty-five premier league appearances, and from what I've seen of him his general play isn't great either.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, hippo said:

I like Mcburnie at Sheff U - I think he would slot in nicely with our style of play.

Wanted him when he was at Swansea but doesn’t seemed to have progressed. His goal scoring record is pretty bad 0/15 at international level 7/55 at prem level and we have Davis as a non scoring back up striker ... Looks like we also dodged a bullet with Brewster. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Damn right, bud. I'm hoping for another 80-100m to be honest. 

Well we have actual holes to fill in the squad with a handful of players definitely off this summer before we even think of improving positions that we have enough players in.

Also I would expect 80, I'd hope for what we spent in the first year. Need to see the accounts for last season to have any idea of what might be available though.

Edited by paul514

I think Bissouma is brilliant and would have him in a heartbeat but yeah, on balance it's unrealistic to think we'd manage it. He's the most valuable asset for a side that will more than likely still be a Premier League side next season and despite our upward trajectory we're not the most attractive proposition to be able to force a move like that through in the way a Champions League team would. I'd say Brighton fans would probably laugh the idea off in the same way we would have if a side like Wolves came in for one of our better players in the summer (obviously not an exact example given the bigger picture, but still and all).

We probably need to be across the Boubakary Soumares of the world, similar ilk to Bissouma but haven't actually made that Premier League move yet that more than doubles their price.

• Like 1

Unless I'm mistaken as usual Bissouma is a DM, so unless Luiz leaves I don't think he or anyone who plays as a DM will be a position that we're interested in, especially as Nakamba is also improving and looking good.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Unless I'm mistaken as usual Bissouma is a DM, so unless Luiz leaves I don't think he or anyone who plays as a DM will be a position that we're interested in, especially as Nakamba is also improving and looking good.

I don't think Luiz is a DM. I think he's done ok there and certainly at the back end of last season, looked very good, but it's an area we can improve on. I'd like to see Luiz given a chance to play the no.8 role rather than the player that sits in front of the back 4. 

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

I think Bissouma is brilliant and would have him in a heartbeat but yeah, on balance it's unrealistic to think we'd manage it. He's the most valuable asset for a side that will more than likely still be a Premier League side next season and despite our upward trajectory we're not the most attractive proposition to be able to force a move like that through in the way a Champions League team would. I'd say Brighton fans would probably laugh the idea off in the same way we would have if a side like Wolves came in for one of our better players in the summer (obviously not an exact example given the bigger picture, but still and all).

We probably need to be across the Boubakary Soumares of the world, similar ilk to Bissouma but haven't actually made that Premier League move yet that more than doubles their price.

You're in for a big surprise come season's end.;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

McBurnie?!

Am I back in summer 2018 again?

Guy is alright in championship but bar bundling in a goal every few months has looked far from premier league quality. Scotland fans hate him aswell and don't want him getting called up for the euros.

Probably not going OTT to say there's 100 strikers around in world football we could realistically sign who are better than him.

Suggestions like that feel like some get intimidated by us actually getting good again and want us to go back to where we were 3/4 years ago.

Good metric I think for next few years is are the players we want to sign those who'd fit in at likes of Leicester, Spurs and Everton as those are teams we'll be trying to finish above before too long, infact we'll still got a chance of finishing above two of them this season.

• Like 1

I'd still love a really good winger in the team who can stretch play.

I love Trez workrate but feels like this summer is the right time to cash in on him although you don't sell both him and AEG as otherwise you leave yourself a bit thin out wide especially if we make europe.

2 years left on deal for both so we'll have to make decision whether to keep them or cash in on one.

10m can go towards trying to get in one of Saint Maximn or Lookman as will be realistic to sign whichever gets relegated. Or Dan James on season long loan I'd be happy with.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't think Luiz is a DM. I think he's done ok there and certainly at the back end of last season, looked very good, but it's an area we can improve on. I'd like to see Luiz given a chance to play the no.8 role rather than the player that sits in front of the back 4. 

If we are doing that we need to drop the 10 and play a 6 and two 8's, otherwise it's two 6's and a 10.

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd still love a really good winger in the team who can stretch play.

I love Trez workrate but feels like this summer is the right time to cash in on him although you don't sell both him and AEG as otherwise you leave yourself a bit thin out wide especially if we make europe.

2 years left on deal for both so we'll have to make decision whether to keep them or cash in on one.

10m can go towards trying to get in one of Saint Maximn or Lookman as will be realistic to sign whichever gets relegated. Or Dan James on season long loan I'd be happy with.

Isn't it nice to have some saleable assets again, making upgrades that bit cheaper.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Jack O’Connnell getting a shout out from Deano in the press conference, is that just due to the Brentford link, or is he ready to swoop if/when Sheffield Utd get relegated?  Engels replacement??

he has been injured all season