Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

22 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

More assists. Fewer goals but he tends to go on goal scoring streaks and one hasn't coincided with him playing as a CAM this season. 

73 games Left AM 

17 goals 16 assists of those 14 goals and 12 assists in PL from all seasons

105 games CAM

13 goals 21 assists but 0 goal 3 assists in PL

Bulk of his goals and assists at CAM are in Championship

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Heatons contract ran out because we gave him a 2 year contract. 

Maybe justified considering his injury but we were all touting him as Englands number 1 before his injury.

I'm not going mad about it, like I said, squad managed better than I can remember, but it's silly that we're going to wind up paying for another keeper if true.

(FWIW I think Steer is good enough)

He was also 33 at the time...

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why do people seemingly want major surgery, again?

Give me 2 or 3 players of quality and let's go. We're way beyond the need for half a dozen new faces to integrate, in fact it would be extremely detrimental. We certainly don't need an overhaul to challenge for Europe. 

Buendia being the big fish would be delightful, bring it on. 

Because someone posts an article from Twitter quoting the Sun and everyone melts down about how we need a new keeper.

3 hours ago, striker said:

I’ve watched a lot of Villa’s games this season and haven’t seen much of that. Villa should go in for Neves at Wolves and sell Luiz if anyone wanted him. 

Why? Neves’ stats are basically the same if not worse.........

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

73 games Left AM 

17 goals 16 assists of those 14 goals and 12 assists in PL from all seasons

105 games CAM

13 goals 21 assists but 0 goal 3 assists in PL

Bulk of his goals and assists at CAM are in Championship

He has played what 6 games as CAM. Maybe 7 so like 0.5 assists compared to like 0.3 a game.

Total.stats means nothing when comparing positions.

We as a team play so much better because he gets the ball more when he plays as a CAM. He dictates the tempo of the game and can create chances or get hockey assists. 

7 hours ago, useless said:

Etienne Green born in England, but plays for France U21s and named after Saint-Étienne who's nickname is the Les Verts. He also saved a penalty on his club debut, I think England are trying to get him to convert. We already have Sinisalo and Marschall as highly rated young keepers.

No to a young prospect needs to be safe bet older pair of hands for me.

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He has played what 6 games as CAM. Maybe 7 so like 0.5 assists compared to like 0.3 a game.

Total.stats means nothing when comparing positions.

We as a team play so much better because he gets the ball more when he plays as a CAM. He dictates the tempo of the game and can create chances or get hockey assists. 

21 games in PL since debut season at CAM 0 goals 3 assists

54 games in PL at LW 14 goals 12 assists

Majority of goals at CAM was in Championship

71 games 12 goals 14 assists. 

He's much more effective in PL at LW

• Like 4

I like Jack on the wing personally, I think he's got more space out there to get the ball and take off with it where he's at his most dangerous. I'd also like to see him shooting more, he's got a great shot on him.

I feel like we'll get more out of Jack at LW and a new CAM than we would out of Jack at CAM and a new LW for the same money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, messi11 said:

We should be looking at any of these or similar if we want to challenge for europe:

Taribo West (LB)- Free Transfer
Anthony Vanden Borre (Centre back)
Julius Aghahowa- Winger
Mark Kerr (Defensive midfield)
Cherno Samba (Striker)
Tonton Zola Moukoko (Left midfield)

How can you forget the legendary Kennedy Bakircioglu? He'd guarantee us 20 goals from midfield.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think we're going to sign a midfielder but watched US v Switzerland the other day and was impressed with Denis Zakaria.

He's a very good, strong DCM. Would easily be first choice here but also at a lot of clubs.

• Thanks 1

Yeah Zakaria is brilliant, been hampered by injury a bit this season unfortunately for him and Gladbach. He'd have far bigger suitors than us though, particularly as I think he only has a year left on his contract. 

Edited by Indigo