General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

10 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Yes, but it's seen very often that chalenges in the box seem to have higher threshold than outside of the box before the foul is given.

No there isn't, that's what's annoying. The one Chelsea got at the weekend, for example.

Zero consistency.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

No there isn't, that's what's annoying. The one Chelsea got at the weekend, for example.

Zero consistency.

There are exceptions obviously, but watching football over the years I heard this phrase hundreds of times: "anywhere else on the pitch, it's a foul"

An observation, not an excuse, but the ref today was absolutely shocking. Terrible control of the match and no awareness whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, a-k said:

Also, this is as stonewall as it gets. I can see how the ref was fooled, but what's the point of VAR then?

Ref watch on Sky 100% this is what that ✊💦💦 will say...

DG - Yeah you can see Diego is clearly leaning into the Brentford player, making him fall, clearly a foul.... 

Presenter - The Brentford player is wrestling him to the ground no?

DG - No, he was trying to stay up, so held onto Diego.... ref got the call right 

The thing that’s most annoying about the potential Carlos penalty and many other decisions is the lack of appeal from us. We are so passive. Scream at the ref. Make him think he’s screwed up. Force VAR to look at it. Don’t just get up and carry on! We really lack football intelligence as a team. We are way too nice.

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

The thing that’s most annoying about the potential Carlos penalty and many other decisions is the lack of appeal from us. We are so passive. Scream at the ref. Make him think he’s screwed up. Force VAR to look at it. Don’t just get up and carry on! We really lack football intelligence as a team. We are way too nice.

I would say that not screaming at the ref and respecting his decision, whether right or wrong, shows a high level of respect and is how things should be. Being respectful may not get us any extra points, but I'd rather that than a team of Bruno Fernandeses.

I bet any analysis on BBC, Sky, MOTD, etc hasn't even mentioned the incident, which is a bigger issue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, a-k said:

I would say that not screaming at the ref and respecting his decision, whether right or wrong, shows a high level of respect and is how things should be. Being respectful may not get us any extra points, but I'd rather that than a team of Bruno Fernandeses.

I bet any analysis on BBC, Sky, MOTD, etc hasn't even mentioned the incident, which is a bigger issue.

Utopia mate. In a perfect world I would totally agree with you. Sadly imperfections are everywhere in professional football. We can appeal vociferously and respectfully. We just need to stop being so passive.

I dislike Fernandez as much as anybody but you can’t fault his passion and desire to win every single edge that he can. We don’t have to be that extreme but somewhere in the middle would be nice.

13 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Are there retroactive bans? This is a punch VAR team missed.

They didn't really miss it, they just decided not to do anything.  If you just brush someone's face though it's a red card of course.  **** daft.

• Like 1

Surely they need to look into that and hand him a ban. He can't be throwing punches and getting away with it. That's more of a criminal act he's done there 

6 minutes ago, supermon said:

Surely they need to look into that and hand him a ban. He can't be throwing punches and getting away with it. That's more of a criminal act he's done there 

He won't.  The only thing that surprises me is that the ref didn't pussy out of it and book both players like they usually do.

12 minutes ago, supermon said:

Even if it doesn't rise to the level of criminal conduct, it seems obviously against the laws of the game, which naturally have a lower standard.

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

The force was not "negligible," no way.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Doesn’t that weirdly make a retrospective ban more likely since it was clearly completely missed somehow?

Furore is growing. Won't help Forest now, esp. if they get relegated. Nuno doesn't strike me as a particularly reckless accuser, either. 

Nottingham Forest manager Nuno Espirito Santo said James Maddison should have been sent off for "punching Ryan Yates in the stomach" during Sunday's 3-1 defeat at Tottenham.

Maddison caught Yates just before half-time with the score level at 1-1.

Referee Simon Hooper spoke to both Maddison and Yates but did not card either player, with the video assistant referee (VAR) not intervening. 

"It's a red card," Nuno told BBC Match of the Day.

"I was surprised VAR didn't [send Maddison off]. Maddison lost composure and punched Yates in the stomach. 

"What they saw clearly is not the same as we saw. I wouldn't speak if I wasn't 100% sure."

• Like 2

Â