Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

I’m interested if Sanson and Kamara could partner up in Central midfield. This would let us have a single forward and pick three from Bailey, Coutinho, Buendia, JJ, Traore, Luiz, McGinn depending on who and how we are playing.

They both seem to have the ability for a good tackle and interception but the skill to dribble it out a bit and make a decent pass.

Should be given 5 games at least to see what he can do in the PL over Mcginn.

But he won't.

He'll start one game in 2 months and be dragged on 60 whist Mcginn hides from the ball for the whole game, lumbers around the pitch and rattles someone in the last 5 to show everyone how hard he works and what a proper lad he is.

• Like 2

From what i've seen of him he just needs a run of games. He looks sharper & fitter but as though his confidence (understandably) has taken a bit of a hit hence the moments when he makes a rash choice or picks the wrong pass. I really think a run of games will see him come good.

8 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Thought Sanson was brilliant yesterday.

I'm not saying he's better, but he was so much more effective than McGinn.

I've always thought there's a player in there, and it's now starting to show. A run of games and we could have the midfielder we have been missing.

People have said it for a year and a half. 

Sad truth is McGinn will start every game but he Kamara, Ramsey, Luiz and Sanson are all superior players to him

• Like 2

GL
GLynch6 HRS AGO

Hi Ash, does Sanson have a future at the club or what’s the general feeling? I’m sure that if he had a run of 3/4 games and not this few mins here and there, he would stake a claim for sure. It’s annoying to see such a quality player not reaching full potential. 

REPLY1 REPLY 2
AshPreeceAVM6 HRS AGO
Reply to GLynch

Hi mate, sorry for late reply. Yes, Sanson's one of a group who's really emerged from pre-season. Looks physically stronger now and has remained injury-free. He needs a run of games and, should his performances continue, that will surely be the case. A huge, huge season for the Frenchman who's still very much part of SG's plans as I understand it. Played well vs United

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-live-rennes-24587050

• Like 1

It's starting to sound as though Sanson isn't going anywhere. Maybe they have no irons in the fire for a new CM...sorta seems like we just might be finished.

He looked really good against United to be fair. He has a burst of pace that catches everyone by surprise. If he improves his final ball he'd be pretty dangerous imo. We have some pretty good attacking #8's.

If morgan stays fit I think he's a big player for us,imo he's better than  mcginn and possibly better than  Luiz.

He simply hasn't had anywhere near the chance others have had in midfield so for me until he has been given a fair chance I will  believe he is the player we think he can be from marseille days.

• Like 3

On 24/07/2022 at 15:19, wilko154 said:

Thought Sanson was brilliant yesterday.

I'm not saying he's better, but he was so much more effective than McGinn.

I've always thought there's a player in there, and it's now starting to show. A run of games and we could have the midfielder we have been missing.

This. It's not about Mcginn being a bad player, it's about the right type of player in the right position to maximise tactical effectiveness. 

Â