Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

He can play 6-8 or 10

I think we have bought a utility player, who will strengthen the squad.....they tell me he has even played full back.....positions don't seem to faze him.

I think this signing was a very wise move.

Sounds very Milneresque. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Think he might even start on the weekend. We really struggle with Southampton's pressing, and he might just be a better option than Barkley in midfield to counter that.

it gives us options to see how the game is progressing.....we can make proper changes now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, i wonder if next season we might look at a 433, with Luiz the 6 (or another DM if Luiz leaves), and McGinn/Sanson the two 8s.

That would be a very combative midfield in terms of pressing, running, hustling etc.

or even the 4231 with Sanson the 10, but a 10 that also does a mcginn style pressing job.

Luiz won't leave.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

And his English is actually really good, he understands the questions right away and can perfectly well give a reflecting and reasoning answer, articulates well and corrects himself like when he changed "speak" to "spoke" with Dean Smith. He gives a quite smart impression too. 

Yes he could have turned up and done a Joey Barton and spoke french in a english accent, fantastic english from him to be fair you wouldn’t find an english player moving to france and doing that

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sounds very Milneresque. 

Absolutely and you need one or two in the squad to unlock positions and allow Dean some flexibility.

great signing and the SmarterScout tweets show he can do the holding role or the forward role. 

perfect to give people rest and flexibility on players with yellow cards etc. 

might have come too early but the Burnley game will be easier to settle in than Southampton. 

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

really?, u been tracking him for the last 12 months?

Yes, I have. He was first rumoured back in December 2019. And anyone who did any research, like say the many threads on this site and others, about who would you like to see Villa sign? Will see me repeatedly having put Sanson’s name up!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Yes, I have. He was first rumoured back in December 2019. And anyone who did any research, like say the many threads on this site and others, about who would you like to see Villa sign? Will see me repeatedly having put Sanson’s name up!

Bravo

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vreitti said:

So is this finally the midfield beast, that'll make @TRO content? :suspect:

well its a move in the right direction, IMV.....and its something Dean must have had in his mind too.

He has physicality and he can play...He describes himself as a "Warrior"

As Frasier would say ...." What more can a man ask for"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

He doesn't. Need to get away from the mentality that any player thinks they are a shoe in. He makes the training sessions improve and everyone in that midfield go at it for a starting berth. That's what you want.

precisely

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Having thought about it for a few days and watched several YT clips I think Mcginn and Sanson in front of Luiz would be better balanced team than with Barkley at 10 and still very attacking. Sanson is a great signing in that it covers potential return of Barkley and less so Luiz to parent clubs.  

I’ll have all 4 thank you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

So pleased with this.

I expect a ferocious battle to start with Luiz/McGinn/Sanson all in the mix.

I'd throw Barkley into that mix. He's already missed a few through injury and may again. If a midfield 3 of Luiz, McGinn and Sanson works in his absence he'll be getting bench splinters.

16 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just watched a couple more videos of him and he is faaaassstttt. Huge acceleration from a standing start and great balance to change direction really quickly. Loves to press and another press resistant player . Happy days 

I did a “Morgan Sanson FIFA 21” google search to see what his rating is like... on futhead, Marseille fans are complaining that his speed isn’t fast enough and that he’s the fastest player in the squad. 

I like it. 

• Like 1

Â