Mamadou Dialla Sylla

MaVilla

Funny thing is that he's not even a first choice for the U23s, Aaron Ramsey, Bogarde, and Chukwuemeka are ahead of him for the midfield spots, in fact I think he's only played once or twice at that level, but he's looked impressive the few times I've seen him.

• Like 4

He seems to have come out of nowhere, it might juts be me and that I see the U23's but not much of the U18's, but until he popped up against Leeds a couple of weeks back, I'd never seen him - now here he is, a midfield monster and still growing - we didn't see much of it tonight because of the way the game was, but he's not bad on the ball either. 

Where did we get him from and how long has he been here?

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He seems to have come out of nowhere, it might juts be me and that I see the U23's but not much of the U18's, but until he popped up against Leeds a couple of weeks back, I'd never seen him - now here he is, a midfield monster and still growing - we didn't see much of it tonight because of the way the game was, but he's not bad on the ball either. 

Where did we get him from and how long has he been here?

Apparently he's from Barcelona, we didn't sign him from there (he grew up there)

https://amp.sport.es/en/news/barca/barcelona-born-youngster-mo-sylla-is-making-a-big-impression-at-aston-villa-8166371?__twitter_impression=true

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, useless said:

Assuming this isn't complete rubbish I expect we'll have to deal with this kind of thing a lot over the next few years with the youth signings we've made. 

That said, maybe he's not aware we're actually struggling for depth and quality in the cdm role at the moment.  With McGinn seemingly weeks from fitness,  Luiz pending a rest,  and Sanson still injured,  he's probably not far off a call up.

That also assumes he's any good... is he?

Edited by MrBlack

33 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That said, maybe he's not aware we're actually struggling for depth and quality in the cdm role at the moment.  With McGinn seemingly weeks from fitness,  Luiz pending a rest,  and Sanson still injured,  he's probably not far off a call up.

That also assumes he's any good... is he?

McGinn Luiz and Sanson aren't CDMs and you've left out Nakamba and our other youth mids that have been promoted

Edited by Kiwivillan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â