Mamadou Dialla Sylla

MaVilla

Sylla has been third or fourth choice CDM for the U23s, last season he was behind Raikhy, Lindley and Bogarde before he moved into central defence. So probably has quite a bit to do before he's likely to be considered for the first team, with players going out on loan or becoming more involved with the first team it might give him a chance to impress more at U23 level and then see if he can take it from there... There's going to be a lot of competition in midield next season though as between the U18s and U23s we must have ten plus players that can play there

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

McGinn Luiz and Sanson aren't CDMs and you've left out Nakamba and our other youth mids that have been promoted

I only mentioned the ones that were out, but yes,  Nakamba is our only other fit senior option. And all of those play in a "defensive" midfield role for us when we play 4231, which is most of the time.  Yes, fair enough, they play box to box, but I just meant in general that we only have one fully fit senior player for the "2" in that formation in Nakamba.

McGinn has looked out of fitness/form for a long time now,  and early indications from preseason suggest that is continuing.

So there is a place up for grabs for the first game of the season. 

I suspect @jacketspudshas it right though, probably more like we have doubts.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, useless said:

Seems that there are reports that he's joining UD Almería.

Good for him - makes sense to move on if he isn't going to develop further and he's way down the list in terms of young players with potential IMO. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Good for him - makes sense to move on if he isn't going to develop further and he's way down the list in terms of young players with potential IMO. 

Exactly the club has to make some calls. We can't keep every player.

6 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Hold up, hold up, hold up...

THE Cherno Samba? :lol:

Good to see him thriving following his retirement from playing after helping me win 5 champions leagues in a row. Legend.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, useless said:

Signed for Unión Molinense CF in January but contract with them ends in June.

6th tier of Spanish football? Not looking good for him is it :(

I don't think he was ever one of the more highly rated of our youngsters, there were a few ahead of him in his position, so struggled to get game time for our U21s, but did look a competent defensive player and played very well in that Liverpool FA Cup game.He's still only twenty and still in the league system so might have a chance of working his way up a few divisions, truth be told he's probably in a better situation than a lot of players his age that have come through academies, many of whom will have left the game completey or will be playing at an even lower level.

Looking at that team that played Liverpool and the teams they're playing for now...

Akos Onodi  (Akritas Chlorakas)
Jake Walker (Newton A.F.C)
Dominic Revan (Barnet)
Mungo Bridge (Daventry Town)
Callum Rowe (Stourbridge)
Kaine Kesler Hayden (still with us)
Arjan Raikhy (reportedly about to be released)
Mamadou Dialla Sylla (Molinense)
Lamare Bogarde (still with us)
Ben Chrisene (still with us)
Louie Barry (still with us)
Hayden Lindley (Reportedly set to be released)
Brad Young (reportedly set to be released)
Harrison Sohna (Sunderland U21s)
Michael Tait (Boldmere - already his third clubs since leaving, he also played for Stafford Rangers and Tamworth)

Â