New Year 2021

Dodgyknees

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Was there a show that preceded Jools and the hootenanny on New Year’s Eve? Or is it really the only music show that’s ever taken place to mark the new year?

This was NYE TV every year when I was a kid: 

• Like 1

finished my delivering at 21:30 and got a lovely Chinese dinner to have with a beer this evening. 

some people really have forgotten the world we are in though.

New Year’s Eve, tier 4, literally everyone ordering takeaway and people are asking “why is it taking two hours to get a take away”

Bet they’ll turn up at Dover or an airport expecting to get waved through like Royalty after tomorrow as well for their 10 nights in Benidorm....🧐

the Girl on the phone did very well, some customers were clearly going ballistic down the phone. I’d have happily told them where to go. 

ive got half an hour to place some bets for tomorrow and have a nice glass of port and my cigar. 

Happy New second half of 2021 everyone. 

• Like 4

Ended 2020 with a nice turkey dinner and good Italian wine with dear friends. It’s been a shit year, and one can only hope 2021 will be better, but I’m lucky enough to escape it without much personal loss and even some good memories and positives as well. 

A very happy new year to all of VT. You’ve been great, as always. 

• Like 2

We did watch Hootenanny in the end. OK, not much cop, as expected, but I don't know what you lot have against Ruby Turner, she's one of the few saving graces of the show. And she's a Brummie. 

• Thanks 1

Â