New Year 2021

Dodgyknees

Right back at you :).  You too have a much better 2021 -  we have had a horrible year but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm already looking forward to next Summer.

As for NYE itself, I've got a new 4K TV coming tomorrow so I'll be playing with that whilst sipping a nice single malt, eating a takeaway and phoning friends / family.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will be at home with wife and kids watching Mrs Sidcow get frustrated that the kids don't want to play any games with us whilst browsing VT in all probability. 

• Thanks 1

The family has always find the first footing thing, so at midnight I'll either be stood on the drive waiting to go back in the house, or more likely fumbling with the keys to the back gate in the dark and swearing.

Not the biggest NYE fan.

We’ll have a little drink, we’ll play a couple of board games just for the annual mickey take at my missus needing bi focals but refusing.

We’ll graze several kilo’s of snacks.

Nothing exceptional.

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

my health has improved massively. I quit drinking 346 days ago and have lost three stone, I’ve never been as healthy as I am now. 

You really need to change your username, dude 😁

Congrats on the weight loss though !

• Thanks 1

Every NYE since having kids (so the last 14) I’ve gone to bed and slept through, occasionally woken by cockwombles setting off fireworks at midnight!

it will be the same this year, hopefully minus the fireworks!

I sincerely hope everyone on VT has a much better 2021! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I will be sleeping only to be woken at midnight by words removed letting off fireworks scaring the life out of my dog. 

May be of interest to @rjw63 too or anyone with dogs that hate fireworks

A mate at work has found a way of calming his dogs down on nights like this. Unfortunately you aren't going to like the solution but he swears this year was the best bonfire night he's ever had with his dogs

Spoiler

Sit them in a room with Dub Reggae playing at a reasonable level

Calmest they've ever been

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

May be of interest to @rjw63 too or anyone with dogs that hate fireworks

A mate at work has found a way of calming his dogs down on nights like this. Unfortunately you aren't going to like the solution but he swears this year was the best bonfire night he's ever had with his dogs

Hide contents

Sit them in a room with Dub Reggae playing at a reasonable level

Calmest they've ever been

Yeah you keep your secrets to yourself. 

• Haha 2

Â