New Year 2021

Dodgyknees

I’ll be delivering Chinese as a side hustle for 2020. Finish about 10, free mega Chinese and will have a Cuban cigar followed by a double rum and ice and New Year’s Day run 5k or cycle 10k off road. 

January is going to be some sick fitness and eating lots of soup. I’ve put on a stone since December started 😂👍🏼

Fireworks are banned here this year 😩

I'll start the first bottle around 4pm, will get the first "calm down" off the wife around 4.10pm, can't remember the last time I got pissed, so tonight ill go off like a rocket whilst sat watching greys anatomy, she'll go to bed around 11pm and ill polish off a bottle of apflekorn just for the sake of it 

Tomorrow ill regret it 

Presumably there will be fireworks at 11pm tonight as well to herald our nation’s new, exciting future. 

Other than clearing out some space in the garage to make sure I have enough room for when my allocated sovereignty arrives, it’s gonna be a quiet one with the kid. 

Few nibbly things to eat and I’ll polish off the last of the baileys.

Going out of town today so gonna post it now.

2020 was a tough year around the world for essentially everyone.Families had to deal with deaths of loved ones due to COVID,businesses had to shut their doors,etc.

Course not psychic so can't say for sure 2021 will be way better but I sincerely hope the best for everyone on here and their families.

Happy New Years to all and hopefully we take care of business against Man U tomorrow👍

• Like 1

If recent years are anything to go by, sat drinking and watching Jools Holland and grumbling about how I've never heard of any of the acts, and they're all shit. Look out of the window at the fireworks at midnight. Bed. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't say I am a fan of New Years Eve and have done all sorts over the years and been out local, house party, been away in this country, been abroad and stayed in and done f all a few times. 

I think due to the year we have had and having not stepped in a boozer for over two months I'd have quite happily gone out this year but hey ho it is what it is so I'll have a few drinks with the missus and my youngest daughter, watch Jools Holland and facetime my eldest daughter and her boyfriend to see the New Year in with them that way. 

Hope everyone has a much better 2021.

• Like 2

Thinking back to this time last year didn't the BBC inflict Craig David on us as the New year started ..surely this year the BBC would make it up to us ? nope , we get another big **** You from them with Alica Keys

probably a board Game with the kids , later we've been invited to an online Zoom thing with Chesney Hawks ( one of our friends is his guitarist  )  which should be fun as he genuinely is the nicest bloke in music and very funny and then watch the fireworks out the window whilst the Facebook group for our village pings like crazy with people moaning about others having a little bit  of pleasure seeing in the new year .

If the kid doesn't calm the F down, stop screaming and go to sleep at some point I think I'll spend New Year's in the shed. Even with the spiders and freezing temperatures it'll be better than this. 

Alternatively, sharing a bottle of fizz with the wife, finishing the very good curry we had delivered earlier and treating ourselves to some film on Amazon. 

This year has been tough with one setback after another and I'll be glad to see the back of it but there has been some positives along the way with some good stuff happening. Hopefully next year brings lots of the good and less of the bad for everyone. 

Happy New Year's everyone. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

If recent years are anything to go by, sat drinking and watching Jools Holland and grumbling about how I've never heard of any of the acts, and they're all shit. Look out of the window at the fireworks at midnight. Bed. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzTBNdFQWTYXSHR2K_hYJ

• Like 2

Â