Man United v Aston Villa : Pre-Match Thread

darrenm

I must admit, I dislike United a lot less with OGS at the helm. Really like the guy to be honest. Just saying some really nice things about Villa there on Sky Sports. Him and Smith must be 2 of most likeable managers in League. That being said, I hope OGS has a petted lip by end of night. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I must admit, I dislike United a lot less with OGS at the helm. Really like the guy to be honest. Just saying some really nice things about Villa there on Sky Sports. Him and Smith must be 2 of most likeable managers in League. That being said, I hope OGS has a petted lip by end of night. 

It’s weird how we all see things differently isn’t it. I can’t stand OGS, for no rational reason other than his face irritates me. I think it’s his eyes, he always looks so smug with himself. 

• Like 1

I'm feeling really good about this. Not out of cockiness, but I really feel we have a really strong chance in this match.

We win: shows we're the real deal

We draw: shows we're no pushover

We lose: unless we get completely thrashed (doubt it, but probably will happen now that I've mentioned it), it's no big deal losing away to the team now level at the top of the table

There's absolutely no pressure on us yet the team are flying high with confidence at the moment and know we can take it to them. On the other hand, Man U "shouldn't be losing at home to teams like Villa" if they want to win the title or finish top 4, so all the pressure's on them. That's a very good mixture and bodes well for us I feel.

UTV

• Like 1

I think as a team they shit. Players have no urgency, team has no identity or way of playing. Pretty much every game I’ve seen them I’ve thought how does this team ever win games. 

Yet they have so much quality on the pitch they keep having a few moments of magic to win them the game.   I’d take a point against them any day but I’d love to see us show them what a proper ‘team’ can do against a bunch of talented individuals that seem to have any decent coaching.

The way I see it with Man U is they finally click and become a team that challenges for the title. Or their luck starts to run out and the results start mirroring their performances.

• Like 1

If we lose tonight then it’s not unexpected, Man Utd are clear odds on favourites and in decent form. They have a massively superior squad in terms of money spent and they’re at home. However, we’re in great form and have shown we can beat anyone on our day. We’re dangerous going forward and can defend well. I’m not confident that we’ll win, but I am confident that we’ll give them a good game and we won’t be dominated. It could go either way, and I’m happy with that compared to previous years. Let’s hope for a spot of luck and that we take our chances. 

UTV

Edited by It's Your Round
Missing word

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They're one of the form teams in the league, they're flying and looking to go joint top, we've beaten them once in the league in our last 43 attempts.

I'll take a draw. 

We're a good side, we really are, but I think we'll lose this one.

They were extremely poor against the dogheads and robbed them tbh. If wolves had a striker with eyes they could have won 3-1 quite easily. 

More luck than form but they are winning even when playing terribly which is even more worrying. 

Surely Watkins gets on the scoresheet today. They may have more individual talent but our team chemistry and ethic is better and that more than evens it up. Just hope we can be clinical when we get our opportunities. McGinn and Douglas have been brilliant together, big game in the middle for them. Jack is going to run the game again. Hope he upstages that cheat who we need to keep out the game. UTV 

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’ve been predicting Watkins to score for weeks now. I’m going to stop jinxing the lad.

It’s not just your fault. I put £2 each way on him being top scorer after his hat-trick against Liverpool. VAR hasn’t helped matters but I do think I’m partly to blame. 

• Like 1

If we can get the ball into advanced areas i think we can hurt their defence. They are still winging it at the back, even though form has picked up a bit. My only concern is i bloody wish we didn't play them in that friendly before we started our season. Might know more about us now rather than if we caught them cold.