VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My mom and aunties are gutted, they absolutely loved them

I'm sure I've talked about them before with mooney, for all the music my mom listened to when I was a kid, a lot of it shit, they were the ones that absolutely nothing stuck with me, the likes of ABBA and bee gees even hot chocolate and wet wet wet are ingrained deep in my memory but BCRs I couldn't name you a song, which seeing as they're my mom's favourite is really weird, they haven't stood the test of time, seemingly no covers or random songs on the likes of heart FM, just kind of a big nothing band 

You must know Bye Bye Baby? Thats the only one I know to be fair. 

• Like 2

FFS I thought everyone would have heard of Shang-a-lang

I think we booked them once, Xmas show I had zero interest in.

But an old mate of mine, an accountant in a Student Union, on hearing that the Ents Sec had passed up the opportunity to put them on, decided to put them on himself, convinced he'd make money. And despite everyone telling him not to do it, he signed the contract and put on the gig. That was his first and last foray into music promoting, we didn't even have the heart to turn up in case we thought we were there to say "We told you so".

He must have lost 2 grand that day, I believe he was VERY drunk at the end of the night

4 hours ago, Xela said:

You must know Bye Bye Baby? Thats the only one I know to be fair. 

And that was a cover of the Four Seasons original (tying in nicely with Joe Long's death). 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And that was a cover of the Four Seasons original (tying in nicely with Joe Long's death). 

Tbf the bay city rollers version is a zillion times better 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

28 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I think baby G and g-shock were two different things? 

You're talking mid-late 90s too. I think. 

Nah, you're getting confused. G-shock is a ride at Drayton Manor. 

41 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Apollo 11 command module pilot Michael Collins. 90. 

We've only just started remembering his name as the third Apollo 11 astronaut always comes up as a quiz question. 😦

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We've only just started remembering his name as the third Apollo 11 astronaut always comes up as a quiz question. 😦

It’s ok, I don’t think his death changes the answer to the question.

RIP anyway, Mr Collins.

• Like 1